Just Figuring Out The New Camera

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Just a shot of the newest nursing home we play.......a beautiful facility. The most appreciative group I've ever played for....God love'm all!

000_0026.jpg

This was the first time we were accompanied by a squeeze box. Did a couple of Cajun numbers. To my right sits my hero and mentor, Mr. B.F. Waldron.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
OK, somebody help.....I'm having trouble finding cockles in Webster's. :wink: Thanks Grotman.....I think. :wink: I know I always like my cockle warmed! :twisted:

Ahhhh........."pucker"!

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks Frosty.....those blue hairs are some of the most beautiful people in the world. Sometimes I get misty eyed just thinking about them.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The man standing with the lady is Dan Rodgers, he's playing a Martin, he also plays a Telecaster....very well I might ad. Fran Jackson is the lady seated, Fran plays a Taylor 410 that B.F. Waldron (The man seated next to me) gave her as a gift. Fran sings like a bird and is the Activity Director of that nursing home. B.F. normally plays a D55 I sold him, but on this day, he's playing a Yamaha. I don't remember why he left his Guild at home.

Those two old guys have been playing together for almost 60 years. They used to play nightclubs in Kilgore during the latter part of the oil boom heyday. Fran is the lady that introduced me to B.F. (Benjaman Franklin), she's also the one that got me doing the nursing home circuit. I tried hard to get B.F. to make the LTG get together last year, but he was going to Mountain Home, Arkansas for a big jam that weekend. I'll try again this October. I'd love for y'all to meet him. I can't keep up with B.F.'s energy level now, but my gosh, the man is in his 80's. He truly is my hero.

West

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
OK, somebody help.....I'm having trouble finding cockles in Webster's. :wink: Thanks Grotman.....I think. :wink: I know I always like my cockle warmed! :twisted:

Ahhhh........."pucker"!

West

You da man, Jim...

Just wondering... Would a cold cockle be a cockle brrrr? :?

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
Good on you, indeed!

My parents are both 90, and they are in a retirement residence. About once a month a group of local fiddlers comes in and plays. Everyone loves the music, they all look forward to the event, and they talk about it for weeks afterward.

It's good of you & your friends to do this. Thanks, West.

R

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ross,

Just a suggestion, and please don't feel pressured by this, but have you considered playing your parents place? That's how I got started. My mom was in a home, and the lady seated in the picture (Fran) used to be the Activity Director there. One day I saw her walking into the home with a guitar case, and asked her what she had there. It just snowballed from there. Not to mention a bunch of support I got from the guys here that really encouraged me.

They appreciate any entertainment you can offer, and any and every time you offer it. Just something to think about. I can promise you you'll get more from it than they do....everybody wins!

West

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
West R Lee said:
Ross,

Just a suggestion, and please don't feel pressured by this, but have you considered playing your parents place? That's how I got started. My mom was in a home, and the lady seated in the picture (Fran) used to be the Activity Director there. One day I saw her walking into the home with a guitar case, and asked her what she had there. It just snowballed from there. Not to mention a bunch of support I got from the guys here that really encouraged me.

They appreciate any entertainment you can offer, and any and every time you offer it. Just something to think about. I can promise you you'll get more from it than they do....everybody wins!

West

Hi West:

They live some distance away. When we visit, there's no room for a big guitar in our small car.

Good idea, though. Maybe I'll investigate places closer to home.

R

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Ross said:
West R Lee said:
Ross,

West

Hi West:

They live some distance away. When we visit, there's no room for a big guitar in our small car.

Good idea, though. Maybe I'll investigate places closer to home.

R

Good excuse for buying a travelling guitar then :D Anyway, American 'compacts' tend to be the size of my Ford Focus and no problem carrying guitars in that (unless you have a lot of passengers in which case, lay it over their laps on the back seat) :!: