Good-natured religious joke

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys don't think I'm a hypocrite for posting this joke. I got it from a Catholic, so blame the Pope.

When the graveside service had no more than terminated, there was a tremendous burst of thunder accompanied by a distant lightning bolt and more rumbling thunder.

The little old man looked at the pastor and calmly said, "Well, she's there."

Carol

Reaction score
This is wonderful -- and it reminds me of a lovely obituary I read in an Kilkenny, Ireland newspaper.

It went on for paragraphs -- expounding the virtues of a wee little old lady who had passed on. Apparently she had been a pillar of the community and the Church, had been kind to the poor, and had always helped anyone in need. When it came to the last line it read something like this, "...and now that she has reached her much-deserved reward in heaven, God will listen to her... if He knows what's good for Him."

I think that last line probably summer her up better than any of the lines that preceded it!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ok, I'll probably get lambasted for this one but:

Q: Why did God create woman last?

A: Because He didn't need any advice on how to create the rest of the world :lol:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
Hey Carol - know you do Irish music - do you know the song 'Finnegan's Wake' :?:

I do.

Been thinking on playing it for Darryl over in the cremation/funeral thread.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
If there is such a thing as a favorite funeral, and I'm sure there's not, mine was the one in which the son talked about the "dash". I'm sure most of you have heard this, but I hadn't at the time. His eulogy was how though the headtone says 1940-2008, and folks know when they were born and when they died, those facts, dates or numbers mean nothing, it was the "dash" he wanted to talk about.

West

Carol

Reaction score
Jerry -- I do know the tune and I'm hoping to get my band to play it -- eventually. It's a great story-song!

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Carol said:
Jerry -- I do know the tune and I'm hoping to get my band to play it -- eventually. It's a great story-song!

I still trot it out occassionally :mrgreen: The brawl is very graphic!

'Then Maggie O'Connor took up the job,
Oh Biddy says she, you're wrong, I'm sure,
Biddy gave her a belt in the gob,
And left her sprawling on the floor.'