Replacement Vintage Guild Parts

mojomike

Reaction score
How difficult is it to find replacement parts for Bluesbirds, and other Guilds? After rescuing a few Guilds that needed minor repairs, I find myself wanting to rescue other older Guilds, including Bluesbirds, that need major work like replacing broken necks, damaged fret boards, etc. Is there a convenient source for vintage Guild parts other than ebay? Thanks,

Mike

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
mojomike said:
How difficult is it to find replacement parts for Bluesbirds, and other Guilds? Is there a convenient source for vintage Guild parts other than ebay? Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike,

There are not too many sources for older Guild parts. I do know that Jay at New Hope Guitar Traders ( http://www.guildguy.com ) mentions the availability of Guild parts on his site. There are a few people who at some time were involved with Guild, who sell parts on a regular basis on eBay. And there is an eBay seller named aiguitars that used to have some Guild parts but I think his stock is about gone.

I have some stuff on my website ( http://www.guitarsgalore.nl ) but I'm a repairman as well, so I've only listed the parts that I have plenty of. However if you're in need of something, feel free to contact me but keep in mind that some of these parts cannot be bought any longer and some of the prices will reflect that.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

mojomike

Reaction score
Thanks Hans. I was afraid that that would be the case. I'll check out those web sites. I just get sick seeing vintage damaged Guilds on ebay and wanted to try and give some of them new life. I'm currently refretting an X79 and an X 80. There was a Bluesbird on ebay that has neck damage and a bad head stock repair and I was hoping someone might have a neck for sale.

Mike

danerectal

Reaction score
You may not have a whole lot of luck acquiring a neck for a Guild. As far as Jay Pilzer goes, I've only been able to get Fender-era HB-1s. I didn't really go into a whole lot of detail with him, but that was about all I remember being able to get from him.

matsickma

Reaction score
Hey mojomike,

I just noticed you have a Nightingale in your Guild collection. Can you post a picture?

Tnx,

M

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is the Nightingale you got with that insane BIN on ebay right?

Man that was a steal!!!

mojomike

Reaction score
Yes it is. The seller new that I collected Guilds. So when he posted it, he called me and I grabbed it immediately. He described it as in fair condition. When I got it I was surprised that it was in very, very good condition. It is sweet to play, except that I'm not a fan of active pickups. I thought about changing to Phat Cats or Hummers, but decided to leave it as is.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You should sell that junker. 8) :wink: :shock: :mrgreen: