Classic Music Videos

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Gosh; where to begin ?

I reckon my earliest memories of Rock & Roll along these lines.

Buddy Holly ... Maybe Baby I still like it, played it twice before posting it, think I'll go look for the Everly Brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhKa8Rn-Hvg

default.jpg

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
coastie99 said:
Gosh; where to begin ?

Sharon Sheeley's main squeeze....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2Mdma2dXw

Poor ole Eddie - 'See Chippenham and die'. Crash site is only about 6 miles from where I live. There is a small memorial on the sidewalk where his taxi crashed and overturned. His death cerificate hangs on the wall in the Guildhall, Bath (6 miles in the opposite direction), where the Register Office is currently located. I read it every time I'm in there.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:

Gee Jim - for a moment I thought it was going to be a recording of you :)

I've just bought some new digitapes for the camcorder. First I'll see how it records me if I sing and play, just using the inbuilt mic. If reasonable, I'll try and post it up somehow, will probably need the help of techie son (currently working in Devon) for that - though Graham seems to think it's a cinch :?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
Poor ole Eddie - 'See Chippenham and die'. Crash site is only about 6 miles from where I live. There is a small memorial on the sidewalk where his taxi crashed and overturned. His death cerificate hangs on the wall in the Guildhall, Bath (6 miles in the opposite direction), where the Register Office is currently located. I read it every time I'm in there.

So interesting Jerry, thanks.

Certainly had no idea that it happened near you.

Footnote: Did you know that Sharon wrote "Poor Little Fool" ?

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
JerryR said:

So interesting Jerry, thanks.

Certainly had no idea that it happened near you.

Footnote: Did you know that Sharon wrote "Poor Little Fool" ?

No - I didn't. I live in a village just outside Corsham. Chippenham is 6 miles to the East, Bath 6 miles to the West. My wife worked for several years at Chippenham Hospital - and that was only about 200 yards from the crash site (on the other side of the road) - and no - she wasn't working there when it happened - she was only born in 1960 (when my avatar photo was taken she wasn't even 8 - but then I didn't meet her until 1980 so it was legal :mrgreen: ) :!:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham said:
JerryR said:
I'll try and post it up somehow, will probably need the help of techie son (currently working in Devon) for that - though Graham seems to think it's a cinch :?

PM me when you're ready Jer and we'll figure it out, somehow.

Thanks Graham - bet the recordings will be so awful I won't dare try posting them, but there is one song I particularly want to post for Jim and Ken (and any other Texans) - Remember the Alamo :)