James Taylor Tickets, price of love is going up.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
REd's Birthday is coming up in a few days, I thought it would be nice to give her tickets to see James Taylor.

Turns out Ticket Bastard felt differently, dirty buggers have a monopoly on concert tickets around here, sold out by the time I logged on & attemped to order tickets. Rhumour is they presell most everything before the tickets go on sale to the general public.

About a month ago a School Teacher in Tacoma advertised these on Craigslist, some kind of family problem came up for her the day of the concert. I was the first to respond to her ad only she didn't have the tickets yet, took Ticket Bastard till today to send her the tickets. Gotta give the dear teacher credit, she stuck to the price she originally quoted & turned down offers for more. Pretty dure the darn things are going for considerably more than face value now.

Seattle's a wicked market for top entertainment.

Anyway, here's where we'll be Jul 21, assuming Red's gonna take me & not her mother or worse. Pray for good weather, it's an outdoor venue.

080438.jpg

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to see him in Toronto but no good seats left. Then I checked Montreal and the prices there were going for $161 - $509 each. :shock:

I'll just rely on the CDs.

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Nice catch!

Here's a tip for using ticketmaster. A decent number of great seats are always held back for the artist's management, theatre management, etc. these are tickets they can sell to friends, not comps. If they don't sell within a week of concert time they'll go back on ticket master. We've landed some amazing seats this way -- the best was four tickets, front row for a Brian Setzer concert bought four days before.

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff said:
There is also something called ; Presale Tickets Password Code.

I guess I'm just a simple minded country boy, it all seems a wee bit crooked to me.

Here's an example for a George Michael concert

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEORGE-MICHAEL-Pres ... 0211087568

Here's how that one works. Often tickets are offered "pre-sale" to good Ticketmaster customers, by American Express to Gold Card subscribers, and often through a concert sponsor's website. For example, there was a concert last year (can't remember which) that was sponsored by a Best Buy. I'm on a Best Buy mailing list, about a month before tickets went on sale to the general public, I got a presale invitation from Best Buy.