Help with dating My guild

bluesp90

Reaction score
I have a transparent red bluesp90. Serial number is CL001998. Every chart of serial numbers I have seen stops in 1997 at CL001013. I would assume that puts mine at about 1998 or 1999. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks..............tim

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome.

I believe the answer is in Volume II of Han's Moust's _The Guild Guitar Book_.

Oh wait, he hasn't published it yet :wink:

However he has been more than willing to share serial number and dating information and I suspect he'll be along shortly with an answer for you.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
bluesp90 said:
I have a transparent red bluesp90. Serial number is CL001998. Every chart of serial numbers I have seen stops in 1997 at CL001013. I would assume that puts mine at about 1998 or 1999. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks..............tim

Hello Tim,

Yes, I know for sure! Your Blues 90 was manufactured in Westerly, RI during the year 2000.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
thevisitor said:
Hans,
Do you know anything about dating Madeira's? My uncle tells me it's a '73, but I'm not so sure...

Hello thevisitor,

Received your PM. Unfortunately I do not have any reliable material re. Madeira serial numbers.
1973 seams a little early but I might be mistaken. I will look in my database and see if I can come up with an approx. production period but that would be it.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Since when?
HattedFrauFiance.jpg

(He likes to make us think that. :shock: )

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Hello !

Actually I want help dating my Guild Starfire IV

I have tried to date it but the number is too high or too low to be found in the tables I have looked in.
It's too high for 1964 but too low for 1965 !?!?!

My SF4 i a lovely cherry-red I have owned since 1977 and it's number is 41124.
The neck is attached to the body at the 16:th fret of the 22,

On the label inside it says Starfire IVch , 41124 and that it's from Hoboken

The guitar has a melita-bridge and a harp-shaped tailpiece and it has the small humbuckers with one adjust-screw at each side.

Hope somebody sort this out. I have had this guitar since -77 and used it and it has became a friend by the time.
After a year or so the neck-mic "died" but I soldered a wire between the spools and it became a sort of "singlecoil"
that sounded OK. Now and then I have tried to find a similar mic but there never appeared a mic that was thew same but three weeks ago a found an exactly identical neck-mic after almost 30 years and now my Guild has got it's original-voice back.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
melvin said:
Hello !

Actually I want help dating my Guild Starfire IV

I have tried to date it but the number is too high or too low to be found in the tables I have looked in.
It's too high for 1964 but too low for 1965 !?!?!

My SF4 i a lovely cherry-red I have owned since 1977 and it's number is 41124.
The neck is attached to the body at the 16:th fret of the 22,

On the label inside it says Starfire IVch , 41124 and that it's from Hoboken
The guitar has a melita-bridge and a harp-shaped tailpiece and it has the small humbuckers with one adjust-screw at each side.

Hello Melvin,

Welcome! There's nothing weird about the serial number of your Starfire IV. It's from 1965. The only thing that is unusual is the Melita bridge; would love to see a photo of that!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust