BOSE L1 system

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I was attending a funeral of a friend last week and instead of the church organist we had another friend play guitar. It was a Taylor, ptew.

Anyway he has this BOSE system that he used and it was fabulous.

I know there are those that like BOSE and those that don't, but for this particular venue, it was perfect. He had it set up in less than 5 minutes, much less, and the sound was crisp and clear.

He did not bring the bass module and quite frankly he didn't need it.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I goofed around on one of these at a GC. I would own one, for sure.

cjd-player

Reaction score
I understand the idea for an acoustic, but I scratch my head when I see the ad with an electric hooked up to it. :? Guess you'ld just have to use pedals for overdrive and distortion.

guildzilla

Reaction score
Nice post, Grahamster. I wasn't aware Bose was building something like this.

I'm a big fan of Bose products, going back a long way. We have a Wave radio in the MBR and an Acoustimass 10 surround sound system in the family room.

Bose stuff is a good investment, in my experience, unless you do something stupid.

Case in point: My 1984 Bose 501 stereo speakers had never sounded better, until a couple weeks ago when I cranked my 120 watt Phase Linear power amp too high and blew out the left woofer speaker. This caused me to remember that the 501 speaker has a handling capacity is 60 watts and that I never bought and installed the fuses that prevent blow outs. I've been meaning to consult with Obi Juan on how to fix it.

Back to the point of the thread, does anyone know what this L 1 sound system is selling for?

dklsplace

Reaction score
Definitely made for a specific type/size venue. I wouldn't exactly say it's a one trick pony, but it gets out of it's element quickly with larger venues. Great for coffee shop type gigs.

I demo'd one at GC a couple years back & the "pro" working there couldn't get it to stop squealing enough for me to actually try anything. :roll:

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
"Squealing" as in feedback, Don? Thought I read that was one of the benefits of the design - no feedback.
I've been pretty impressed with these, too, but I hope this isn't some "undocumented feature".

dklsplace

Reaction score
Guildmark said:
"Squealing" as in feedback, Don? Thought I read that was one of the benefits of the design - no feedback.

Yep. But remember, this was at GC with one of their highly trained associates. :roll:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Don, I think dklandsons needs to buy one for Arlington '08. Call it a demo and make it a tax write-off. :D

West

ajgorman

Reaction score
A friend of mine who plays the sax bought one of these last year and he also bought an extra bass module. Played the canned background music for accompaniment and it sounded like a complete live band. Very impressive legendary clear and balanced Bose sound and ease of setup...but definitely expensive.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
West R Lee said:
Don, I think dklandsons needs to buy one for Arlington '08. Call it a demo and make it a tax write-off. :D

West

You can return it within 45 days. :shock:

dklsplace

Reaction score
FNG said:
West R Lee said:

West

You can return it within 45 days. :shock:

Wouldn't be worth the cost of transporting it from Michigan to Texas. :|

guildzilla

Reaction score
Good point, Don.

But also good idea to you, West. And since, you will be driving to Arlington, perhaps you should be the one who buys the sound system and returns it in 45 days? :) :roll:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
guildzilla said:
Good point, Don.

But also good idea to you, West. And since, you will be driving to Arlington, perhaps you should be the one who buys the sound system and returns it in 45 days? :) :roll:

Good point Zilla. :mrgreen:

West, your serve.

15 - love