3 new family members in 3 days...

thevisitor

Reaction score
Well, I just got a call from my dad, and he just gave me an Epiphone AJ-18S (which I know nothing about, but it;s a gorgeous sunburst and plays/sounds great), and a ?1978? Dixon acoustic which sounds great but the neck needs adjusted. Plus that, I got my son on Friday, so this has been a wonderful 3 days! I'll post pics of the guitars just as soon as I can get them out of pawn. I guess that's my payment for 'em. Debt has drove dad to pawn EVERYTHING. Damn credit cards.

dklsplace

Reaction score
You gotta love the gifts! My wife's excuse for never trying to get me anything musical is that she'd end up getting the wrong thing. :roll:

BTW, moved the thread to the "Other Gear" heading since it isn't Guild related.

thevisitor

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
You gotta love the gifts! My wife's excuse for never trying to get me anything musical is that she'd end up getting the wrong thing. :roll:

BTW, moved the thread to the "Other Gear" heading since it isn't Guild related.

Oh, ok. I didn't even think to put it in there...Sorry :oops:
Yeah, I love the guitars, but he lost the Epi and didn't know 'til just a few minutes ago, but the Dixon has been in the family since it was new, so the sentimental value is really high. My wife says the same, but I keep telling her, as long as I can play it or use it, it's good.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
thevisitor said:
Well, I just got a call from my dad, and he just gave me an Epiphone AJ-18S (which I know nothing about, but it;s a gorgeous sunburst and plays/sounds great), and a ?1978? Dixon acoustic which sounds great but the neck needs adjusted. Plus that, I got my son on Friday, so this has been a wonderful 3 days! I'll post pics of the guitars just as soon as I can get them out of pawn. I guess that's my payment for 'em. Debt has drove dad to pawn EVERYTHING. Damn credit cards.

I'll tell you like I tell my 22 and 19 year olds......Credit Cards, though you've got to have them from time to time, are the devil! They WILL get you in trouble if you're not careful.

It took me a little while to learn that, but it's amazing what you think you've gotta have, and what you can get by without having. Sometimes, you've just got to suck it up and just say NO..........I don't need it that bad!

West

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Sometimes, you've just got to suck it up and just say NO..........I don't need it that bad!

West

tankwhitelalala.jpg

thevisitor

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
thevisitor said:

I'll tell you like I tell my 22 and 19 year olds......Credit Cards, though you've got to have them from time to time, are the devil! They WILL get you in trouble if you're not careful.

It took me a little while to learn that, but it's amazing what you think you've gotta have, and what you can get by without having. Sometimes, you've just got to suck it up and just say NO..........I don't need it that bad!

West

They are the worst. I hate credit cards. The are convienient, but I'd rather pay cash any day. It's cheaper that way.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Trying to imagine that shirt on the CN tower model. :shock:

thevisitor

Reaction score
ltg-command-centre.gif
[/quote]

Perfect - don't have to leave LTG to go to the John :mrgreen:[/quote]

It's where I do my best work. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Stealing a quote from MTV2 (I hate the channel, the wife loves it)

"That's where all the magic happens," I take it.