starfire nut

shadowcastaz

Reaction score
could someone give me measurements from an early starfire bass nut .? Thanx,Mike

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe. I failed shop, or close enough that no one trusts me with anything mechanical. If you let me know what you want measured I will do my best to do that for you on my '67. Pictures with arrows and circles would help, but I'm used to 1000 words.

shadowcastaz

Reaction score
thickess and height from middle(betw a&d strings)of headstock to the top/face of the bridge. Unless i can just use a gibson bass nut then it would be easy. Thanx.

PS the restore may end up a green burst. Im not sure i can get the patchs's to match. Im determined to have the grain show. I just ordered some CUBAN Mahogany for some body blanks............. :mrgreen:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
No idea if this is what you asked for. I'll plead In vino, veritas if it's not what you need and try again.

The nut, the white thing holding/guiding the strings at the headstock end. Looking at it from the side it is 3/8 (left to right) wide and 5/8 (top to bottom) tall. It's 1 1/2 wide, after changing perspective. Between the A and the D string it is 31 inches from the saddles, on the bridge, to the face closest to the bridge. It is 8 inches from that same edge to the highest/furthest point on the headstock.