Perfect companion to the S-100 SC

Horuss

Reaction score
There was a guy in San Francisco selling one of these on C.L. a while ago but he wanted too much money for it. Now there's one on the 'bay. I'm gonna be watching...

Electra "Tree of Life"
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-made-Electra ... 638Q2em124
5c94_1.JPG

I like the vines going up the neck.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

Horuss

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Hi Horuss: the Electra guitars were apparently imported and sold by St Louis Music in the 1970s and 1980s http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/ According to the linked webpage, the guitars were sold with on-board electronics ...distortion and phase shift. The eBay guitar more or less matches Electra's 2247 and 2259 models http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/2247.php; labelled "SG" style.
Yeah, I'm into the models with on-board electronics. I love the branded-in logo on the Electra Outlaw.

x710.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Horuss said:
Yeah, I'm into the models with on-board electronics. I love the branded-in logo on the Electra Outlaw.
x710.jpg
How do the on-board electronics compare to using pedals for the same thing? I get the part about stomping on boxes and messing with cables; how about function and tone?

Horuss

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
How do the on-board electronics compare to using pedals for the same thing? I get the part about stomping on boxes and messing with cables; how about function and tone?
I have no idea. Guitars with on-board effects (i.e. Gretsch Super Axe) never really caught on, which I'm guessing was due at least in part to how the effects sounded. To me it's more of a curiousity than anything.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Interesting; Thank you. Craigslisted Electra ES335 in Ft Lauderdale Here

John

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I had a guitar teacher who was all over those when they first came out. If I recall the modules were priced just a bit under the cost of a pedal, and they plug into the back of the guitar.

This is quite synchronicitous 'cuz I was just at this website a few days ago, capn. You can listen to the modules here.

Horuss

Reaction score
jp said:
I had a guitar teacher who was all over those when they first came out. If I recall the modules were priced just a bit under the cost of a pedal, and they plug into the back of the guitar.

This is quite synchronicitous 'cuz I was just at this website a few days ago, capn. You can listen to the modules here.
Thanks! Yeah that River City Amp site has everything you'd ever want to know about Electra guitars.

I see the modules for sale on ebay pretty frequently. Maybe someday I'll take a flyer on one of those bad boys.