Guild Total
Coupla photos of me and my lefty partner, Scott at a local hangout:

DSCF0333-1.jpg

DSCF0339-1.jpg

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Nice, Dread! Are there any audio files to go along with the pics?

Q: Is this one of those elusive, mythical "paying" gigs? Or is it for love of the muse?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Paying" is a relative term. We get a free coffee and divide up the tip jar at the end of the evening. So, yeah, it's mostly for the love of the music.

I've been fortunate to nail down a few paying gigs each month. We get between 50 and 100 clams apiece depending on the type of gig. Private parties where we haul amps, speakers etc. are minimum $100 apiece. A Senior's community called me last week, wants us to come in once a month to entertain the oldsters, it's close to my house and its strictly acoustic, I told her $50 apiece. Church groups typically also pay $50 per musician.

Then we have our volunteer outings. Every Thursday night we go either to an Alzheimer's unit or to a Hospice Center. We also do the occasional special music for the church service at the old folks home. Tomorrow night (Sunday) we're doing a fund raiser called "An Evening Of Bluegrass" for a local church missions program. We've done this fund raiser at least half a dozen times in the past, they usually raise about $1,500 at these. Along with 2 hours of bluegrass, you get desserts and coffee. :D Heck, we've even done a couple summer gigs at Don's church!

Whew! Come to think of it, my Guilds don't get a whole lot of rest. Play 'em if you got 'em, folks. We're not getting rich but it brings in a little spending money for gas, strings, etc.

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome stuff, Dread. There seems to be a lot of people here that play out mostly for the love & fun of it. Unless I was 18 again, it's the only way I could do it. If they ever pay me on top of that, well... bonus.