Last weekend's gig

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

ce blues

Reaction score
Very Cool, Mark! And your D55 is a vision of loveliness (we shan't tell any of my "girls" that I said that, they are a proud and jealous harem). Sorry but I won't be able to make it to MoPhat again this tuesday....the trio has a dress rehearsal for the upcoming sunday (11th) at the coffe house (3-5pm). take care all,

ce

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Guildmark said:
Sorry about the comic, Cryo'ry. Could you smell the coffee at least? :)

Thanks, All.

Love to have been there (sitting behingd the guy with the comic :mrgreen: )
I agree your bass player shows total lack of committment - he doesn't play the bass with his foot does he :?: Never heard of wheelchairs :!:

Interesting that in the US the live music is in coffee bars - in the UK tends to be in pubs (bars) so I tend to associate singing and playing with beer rather than coffee :)

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
Guildmark said:
Sorry about the comic, Cryo'ry. Could you smell the coffee at least? :)

Thanks, All.

Love to have been there (sitting behingd the guy with the comic :mrgreen: )
I agree your bass player shows total lack of committment - he doesn't play the bass with his foot does he :?: Never heard of wheelchairs :!:

Interesting that in the US the live music is in coffee bars - in the UK tends to be in pubs (bars) so I tend to associate singing and playing with beer rather than coffee :)
PS Sounded like an appreciative crowd despite a lack of alcohol :mrgreen:

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Great job, Mark. I especially enjoyed Eye of the Hurricane. You never seem to become hoarse as I do. One smoker destroys me for at least a week. (Sorry peoples, I'm highly allergic to ciggy smoke). Probably why I mostly did back up vocals, back in the old days.

ce blues

Reaction score
Interesting that in the US the live music is in coffee bars - in the UK tends to be in pubs (bars) so I tend to associate singing and playing with beer rather than coffee :)[/quote]

Jerry,

being one of those cats who plays in both electric and acoustic ensembles, I can attest that the live music bar scene is very alive and well here in the states. the breakdown seems to be that the acoustic music is played mostly in coffee houses and the electric music (of all genre) is played in the bars (and enjoys the advantage of dealing with a well-lubricated--and thus very appreciative--audience).

ce

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
ce blues said:

Jerry,

being one of those cats who plays in both electric and acoustic ensembles, I can attest that the live music bar scene is very alive and well here in the states. the breakdown seems to be that the acoustic music is played mostly in coffee houses and the electric music (of all genre) is played in the bars (and enjoys the advantage of dealing with a well-lubricated--and thus very appreciative--audience).

ce[/quote]

Does this mean I'll have to go electric if I sing States-side :shock:

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Only if you want to drink.
:lol:
One the most popular 'leckie taverns in the county is right around the corner from me. The Canyon Inn. You'd love it!

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guildmark said:
Only if you want to drink.
:lol:
One the most popular 'leckie taverns in the county is right around the corner from me. The Canyon Inn. You'd love it!

Sounds good - one of the institutions I remember from your great country is the 'pitcher of beer' - a huge jug of draught beer you just keep refilling your glass from. Don't have that here - sold by the pint glass or half pint. Now I'd just love to set up and play some songs with a pitcher of beer to hand :mrgreen: Have a good beer at the Royal Oak I drink called JCB. Not sure if you have JCBs in the US, but they make side hoes and dozers to shift earth so I guess the beer is supposed to make the earth move for you :mrgreen: