Just got a new Ibanez Artcore Montage

dpicker

Reaction score
Well i got it about an hour ago and i A/B with my Taylor GA4 acoustically and my Ibanez Artcore AJD91 electriclly and the Ibanez Montage just didn't do the job. I just wanted to see how it sounds. The finish on the neck looks like it could use another coat of finishing and i know it is semi gloss but it is bad. it does have a nice acoustic sound, to me it had a sound equal to a Ovation. the elect sound was like an acoustic guitar trying to sound like an elect. and not doing a very good job. for some one that wants an elect and a acoustic on stage and wants to change quickly then the could be the guitar for you. all in all it wasn't a bad guitar just couldn't stand up to my other 2, and it shouldn't. I will be taking it back to Sam Ash in Tampa FL on Tuesday.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dpicker said:
Well i got it about an hour ago and i A/B with my Taylor GA4 acoustically and my Ibanez Artcore AJD91 electriclly and the Ibanez Montage just didn't do the job. I just wanted to see how it sounds. The finish on the neck looks like it could use another coat of finishing and i know it is semi gloss but it is bad. it does have a nice acoustic sound, to me it had a sound equal to a Ovation. the elect sound was like an acoustic guitar trying to sound like an elect. and not doing a very good job. for some one that wants an elect and a acoustic on stage and wants to change quickly then the could be the guitar for you. all in all it wasn't a bad guitar just couldn't stand up to my other 2, and it shouldn't. I will be taking it back to Sam Ash in Tampa FL on Tuesday.

I've seen some mixed reviews by folks receiving these first examples of the Montage. Shame that the neck is not well-finished. I'm somewhat astounded to hear about shabby QA from Ibanez / Hoshino. That is extremely uncharacteristic.

But, anyway, I'm disappointed to hear that the electric sound didn't measure up. That's really how I see folks using the Montage, as acoustically I had low expectations.