Scratch and West: The Texas Troubadours

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dem's my clothes all right, Darryl, but that ain't me a wearin' em and that sure as heck ain't me playin!!! Now I can't speak fer West, cuz one of em sure does look like 'im...

bighouse

Reaction score
Gosh! I thought Scratch and West were a little more "mature" than that. I do fancy their outfits, in particular them green stetsons. Where kin I git me one o' them?
Bill

Nice playing, btw

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: Yep, that's exactly what Kenny wore to Ninfa's a couple of weeks ago. You should have seen it.....the women mobbed him. He was lucky to leave there with his honor intact!

West

cjd-player

Reaction score
Anybody look at the other video - to the right of the main one- rhodes bud boogie

Yellow jump suits with the green hats. :roll: :lol: :lol:

I guess its just a Texas thing :mrgreen:

What Not To Wear (My wife makes me watch it sometimes. :oops: )

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
After further review Darryl, I'm not so sure about the steel player. Aweful long fingernails and a cute little pinky ring. By day he may be Texas Troubador, but by night I think he may be ....."Stella the steel player"!

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Anything but rap.....or is it wrap, or rapp......you know, that stuff some of 'em call music?

West

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Doh!

But here's something he doesn't appreciate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKD_YwktbLM

"Wills Point" was a dance hall in Sacramento owned by Bob Wills. It was where I first heard live music, a songstress with drums and bass back-up. I don't know who she was, but I like to think it was Kitty Wells or Patsy Cline, etc. There was a swimming pool there called Wills Point Plunge, and they were playing by the pool. Since I was four years old, I didn't get into the night club part, so I don't know what that looked like.

All the big country acts played there. Hank Williams came through, pawned his guitar for drinking money, and got thrown in jail.