Java Joe's

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I have a quasi-regular gig here each month. And I'm there every Tuesday night for the open mic.
Drop on in and say, "Hi!" and bring your axe. GuildFS4612CE (Jane) did a couple of weeks ago and california (David) has been known to stop in once in a while. They'll even let Canadians in......I think.

Thursday, June 19 @ Java Joe's
4975 Yorba Ranch Road (@ Yorba Linda Blvd)
Yorba Linda, CA 92887
USA

Time: 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
No cover/entrance fee
Phone: 714-970-7988
Venue Website: http://www.myspace.com/javajoesYL

My website: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... hows#61623

Thanks!

ce blues

Reaction score
after a three hour rehearsal of the newest trio member and sweaty, stinky, and wearing a funky tanktop (instead of the usual suit for performing), I made it into the Java Joe's open mic last night. I was signing up while mark was doing his last song (around 8:30 PM) and was the next to last person to perform (around 10:30).....however, all of my cranky whining aside, it was a lot of fun. I did Little Red Rooster (Howlin' Wolf classic) on my D25 and, after a quick guitar swap to my D30, I concluded with another oldie from 1927 and the pen of Hoagy Carmichael and M. Gorren: the lovely Georgia on My Mind....check this out: mark played a percussion line for me on snare! it was much fun but I definitely have to get into the line up earlier next time.....

ce blue

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Guildmark said:
I have a quasi-regular gig here each month. And I'm there every Tuesday night for the open mic.
Drop on in and say, "Hi!" and bring your axe. GuildFS4612CE (Jane) did a couple of weeks ago and california (David) has been known to stop in once in a while. They'll even let Canadians in......I think.

Thursday, June 19 @ Java Joe's
4975 Yorba Ranch Road (@ Yorba Linda Blvd)
Yorba Linda, CA 92887
USA

Time: 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
No cover/entrance fee
Phone: 714-970-7988
Venue Website: http://www.myspace.com/javajoesYL

My website: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... hows#61623

Thanks!

IT'S A GREAT PLACE!! WITH GREAT TALENTED PEOPLE!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. JUST WISH IT WASN'T SO FAR FROM ME...OR I'D BE THERE EVERY WEEK. :D

Say, Mark, if you get a chance would love it if you could email me those pics you took.

Expect it will take several emails due to file size restrictions. Usually about 3 or so can be attached per email. Hey, you're the computer expert. :lol:

Then I can at least look at my guitar...she's in the guitar hospital waiting for an electronics transplant, type unknown, could take a while. :(

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
ce blues said:
after a three hour rehearsal of the newest trio member and sweaty, stinky, and wearing a funky tanktop (instead of the usual suit for performing), I made it into the Java Joe's open mic last night. I was signing up while mark was doing his last song (around 8:30 PM) and was the next to last person to perform (around 10:30).....however, all of my cranky whining aside, it was a lot of fun. I did Little Red Rooster (Howlin' Wolf classic) on my D25 and, after a quick guitar swap to my D30, I concluded with another oldie from 1927 and the pen of Hoagy Carmichael and M. Gorren: the lovely Georgia on My Mind....check this out: mark played a percussion line for me on snare! it was much fun but I definitely have to get into the line up earlier next time.....

ce blue

That took guts CE.....I hate to follow Mark! :shock:

West

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Mark,

Artist reviews section of Java Joe's website is "Under Construction"

On a lark I attempted to post a review. Wouldn't let me in, members only. Just as well, job should be done by more literary types.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=52629812
I'll scold them tomorrow night, Jeff. I think the barista who was maintaining that site quit a while back.

Jane,
I'll get those photos off to you right away! Geezerness = thought I had sent them!

ce blue did an outstanding job, even without his regular bandmates. He gained a lot of new fans!

Tuesday is just the best night of the week!

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Java Joe's is a jewel in a strip mall, a place where families can go to hear great talents (yes, that DEFINTELY includes Mark), have a cup of coffee, and a general good time. The few times I've been there I've met people of all ages, and despite being buried in the depths of Orange County (not to mention the birthplace of Richard M. Nixon, obligating me to do a '60s protest song on each of my very irregular visits) people seem to drive great distances for the music and cameradarie.

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
This place sounds awesome! Please continue to post about it... Mark, CE, etc.

I'd definitely go out of my way to hang out and maybe even play (in spite of my shoddiness) if I'm ever out that way on a Tuesday.

There just aren't enough places that host good to excellent open mics so it's always nice to hear about cool venues and hosts.

ce blues

Reaction score
california said:
There just aren't enough places that host good to excellent open mics

I had about given up on the whole concept of "good to excellent open mics" for acoustic before stumbling into Java Joe's MoPhat Open Mic. it is a wonderful venue and all of the players and audience are kind to old delelicts of no proven talent such as myself. it conflicts with my regular trio practice nite but I intend to suck it up and show up as often as I am able.... wonderful cats like Mark and the whole group that stage the open mic make it a wonderful experience

ce blue

uh, West....following Mark wasn't so hard. He was absolutely religious about hitting the snare on only the #2 and #4 beat of each measure. he was not allowed a cymbal or other distraction to deflect him from adherence to the tempo....it is I who need schooling when it comes to rhythm. ce

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: So now he's playing guitar, singing AND playing the drums simultaneously? Doesn't surprise me!

West :wink:

ce blues

Reaction score
Jerry,

I'm sure you'd fit right in.....after all, they are quite tolerant of this old delelict of no proven ability....

ce blue

West, Mark is, indeed, "da man"....ce