James Taylor

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bought these tickets in March for the Lady's birthday. Been waiting a good long while for Ol' Jimmy to show up.

Chateau St Michelle' s an outdoor venue, verra nice place, I just checked the weather forecast, :D :D :D Life is good :!: Gotta watch the thirst quenching up there on hot days, wine is ridiculous inexpensive. Criminally inexpensive.

Point Forecast: Bothell, WA
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 80.

Sunday Night: Clear, with a low around 52.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 79.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53.

080438.jpg
Lcolumn_concerts.jpg

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Ditto.

That venue looks wonderful! My dream is to produce events like this (concerts and festivals) after I retire. Rather, IF I retire. (It's not looking too promising.)

You and Red have a great time!

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guildmark said:
My dream is to produce events like this (concerts and festivals) after I retire.

Isn't that strange? My dream is to have a friend that produces events like this (concerts and festivals) so that I can get in for free.

First things first though, I need to find a friend.
th_d6fe3d65.gif

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Man, Mrs. West and I are jealous. Maybe the best concert she and I have ever seen. The man is incredible and timeless. Wish we could be there with you Red and Jeff.

West

lpa53

Reaction score
My oldest daughter gets married this Sunday - twenty-four years ago she was in the womb at a James Taylor concert in Dallas. Maybe that's why she's a fan, too. I only got the tickets because someone at my office there couldn't go and offered them to me for $6 apiece. I think at the time JT had just about cleaned himself up and boy, that was one of the most wonderful, tight, professional, yet fun concerts I've ever seen. James was obviously enjoying every minute of it.

This year I was watching the tour schedule but by the time I saw he was playing at Ravinia, it was sold out.

Since I've picked the axe up again after many years off, and now have started home recording, JT songs, as old as some are, make up a good deal of what I've posted on my website, and they're as great and as fun to play as they were when I first learned them. I just wish I could write like that.

I envy you the tickets. have a ball.

Oh, and by the way, does anyone know what strings Mr. Taylor uses or is that unique sound just from his Olson and his sound system?

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Congratulations on your daughter's wedding!

I got the new JT CD/DVD package for Christmas and it has been very inspiring. He's even better now!

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Concert was a glorioius affair, weather couldn't have been better & we had terrific seats.

Latin Percussionist, "Luis Conte" was his name, brought some magic rhythyms to the show. Freakin amazing. He's a faily well known Cuban musician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qW3rGBv8iE

Definitely a sold out "Coot Fest" folks in attendance under the age of 30 fairly sparsely represented. Lots of grey heads.

Fun to watch a few of the older white wimmen gettin all worked up, dancin in the aisles. Old ain't necessarlly all bad.