Points to Ponder

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Is there another word for synonym ?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
in other points to ponder, I recently read that there is an underwater music Festival in the lower Keys. Sounds absurd, but the participants and audience are underwater. recently joined a guitars only networking site, www.myguitarspace.com , which is where I found the info.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
When we appoint someone to oversee something, why do they get in trouble for having an oversight?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Why do they call them apartments if they're all together?

Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Why is it that you get tobacco products at the front of the drugstore, but have to go all the way to the back for medicine?

Why do they call it a bra, but it holds two things yet a "pair" of panties holds one?

West

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
West R Lee said:
Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
I know this one!

A "Parkway" is a divided highway that is planted with shrubs and flowers giving the appearence offdriving through a park. (Of course being from NJ we have the infamous Garden State Parkway!)

Before there were automobiles, Houses had stables out back for the horses and the carriages. There was a small road/lane that went past the house and back to the stables. This was know as a 'Driveway". (I guess you would drive way past the house.)

None the less, when cars came along there were now detached garages behind the house and you still had a driveway. So, if you didn't want to put the car away and get out of it by the house, you would park in the driveway!

(There's the bell, class is dismissed!)