Mystery Guild Amp

Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I figured I'd just jump in with my current quandry. First, let me say right up front, that I'm not looking to sell this or gauge its value.. but I would like to know what model this amplifier this might be. The nameplate identifies it as a Guild Masteramp, but there are no tags, or other identifying marks to elaborate on that.

1663985858055.png1663985862612.png

The tube set is as follows. 12x4 rectifier with a 12AB5 power tube. These two live on 1/2 of a split chassis configuration, with this section being in the bottom of the cabinet.
The preamp and tremolo tubes, both 12AX7s are in the top chassis section under the control knobs.
The PT was manufactured in the USA, 1/2 of the resistors seem to be TRW or AB coarbon comps, while others seem to be imported types. The caps were a mixed lot, with the can-type 40/40/40uf filter supply being from the USA, and some of the signal caps were USA Tiger paper/wax type. There were three German ceramic WIMA caps in the tremolo circuit too. I've ben searching around and I can't find anything about this lil tweed anywhere..I was hoping maybe one of the members here might know something or know where to find a schematic for it. The drawing isn't really necessary, I just like to have that stuff around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I knew I came to the right place. Thank you for the info.
Funny, I landed on that listing on C/L by accident, when I emailed the seller he told me it was sold - but that buyer flaked out and I eventually wound up getting it.
It needed work when I got it. It turned on but it wasn't healthy, now its ready for another few decades of service.
Yours is quite cool.... love that grill cloth. I'm going to search for a schematic now...

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good luck! Let us know if you can find one- Guild schemos aren't that easy to find....

Reaction score
A 40-T drawing seems to be as scarce as hens teeth.. no big deal really. Its kinda simple.. I should have traced it out when i was waiting for the filter supply cap to arrive. .... oh well. The next time I have to go inside I'll take some hi-res photos and sit down and draw it out..