Getting old in Florida.......Hey Capn

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Two elderly ladies are sitting on the front porch in Bonita Springs, doing nothing.

One lady turns and asks, 'Do you still get horny?'

The other replies, 'Oh sure I do.'

The first old lady asks, 'What do you do about it?'

The second old lady replies, 'I suck a lifesaver.'

After a few moments, the first old lady asks, 'Who drives you to the beach?'

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Good morning Grammie; just got through towelling off ... had been over at the beach posing as a life saver ... dang sand gets everywhere :evil:. We laugh as Scratch struggles (as do I) at keeping track of his glasses ... Last year, a Senior from Delray Beach missed his exit on I-95, found two days later driving around Homestead Fl looking for the Turnpike entrance (don't know if he was a Guild owner) but he was quoted as saying he'd have called but he didn't want to tell anyone that he'd forgotten his kids' tele #s. I guess it's reassuring to know that you can lose your mind without losing your pride... :shock: :lol:

Best wishes, J

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Ken; yeah, it's the sneaky part of 'Heimers ... the geezer from Delray Beach forgot that he didn't have any pride left ... :wink: J

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
A man was telling his neighbor in Miami, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect.'

'Really,' answered the neighbor. 'What kind is it?'

'Twelve thirty.'

Hey Capn, we will be in your fine State in February, 21 - 28 to be exact. Staying near Kissimmee. Gotta get together.

Any other LTGer's in or around that time?

Tim

Reaction score
20070131063618_old_man_speedos.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
Hey Capn, we will be in your fine State in February, 21 - 28 to be exact. Staying near Kissimmee. Gotta get together.
Yes indeedy, I'll be here ... Kissimmee about 2.5 hrs north; maybe we could go for day at a central point; get Dennis Miller, Steverok, Dave K, and Mandosquirrel in the deal. Looking forward to it! J

kitniyatran

Reaction score
Graham said:
Two elderly ladies are sitting on the front porch in Bonita Springs, doing nothing...'
I'll stay away from the beach :eek: ; I live in Bonita . I'm not known for saving lives though :wink: .

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Tim said:
Pic of Geezer
Hi Tim; going by the speedo, probably a Euro ... setting aside the beach scene, what we mens all have to look forward to ... J

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Graham said:
Staying near Kissimmee.

Stayed there in May 1999 - was able to watch a shuttle going up from the front door even tho Canaveral is several miles East. Enjoy your stay. My eldest son rushed into the house to get to the pool after a hot day in Disney - he was just 13 then - and forgot the big glass sliding doors between the lounge and the pool - OUCH :roll: Leastways they didn't break but he was a bit stunned :mrgreen:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was just goin' to have breakfast.....tell me that guy has been photoshopped or something....or had a bad reaction to a bee sting.....why in hell would anyone do that to themselves on purpose?!.....I've seen better looking roadkill. :!: Steffan

c70man

Reaction score
Graham said:

Any other LTGer's in or around that time?

I live about an hour from there. ONe of the places I go to is the HOB in Orlando. My friend Damon Fowler and Ed Wright ( a huge Guild fan) play there fairly often. If anyone wants to make a night of it (they stay open till 2am), I'm all for it.

Also, there is a place on the coast called the "Alley" in SAnford. It's a biker bar that gets incredible talent. I saw a double bill of Damon Fowler and Johnny Winter...$10 buck cover!

Here's a link that has Ed Wright playing there...he's my guitar teacher and good friend...
http://www.alleyblooz.info/page8.html....scroll down page.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Cman70 and welcome; I hope as many of us as possible can get together in February. What with FL attractions like the 'Gator Petting Zoo, the Avon Park USN Fighter/Bomber Range, and the Swimming Hall of Fame, I'm sure Graham and Cid will be hard-pressed to make time for us. Btw: couldn't get your link to boot. Best wishes, cj

CJ