Inbound from somewhere beyond space and time ...

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
My guitar deep end is getting deeper. This one's on it's way in now, a Dipinto Galaxie 4. I really have a taste for strange:

Front (not just green, GREEN!!):

Galaxy4.jpg

Headstock, with a sci-fi flavor:

Galaxy3.jpg

Jazzmaster trem, sort of:

Galaxy2.jpg

Not expansive. I've wanted one of these bad boys for years. Hope it plays as good as it looks!

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
My guitar deep end is getting deeper. This one's on it's way in now, a Dipinto Galaxie 4. I really have a taste for strange:

Front (not just green, GREEN!!):

Galaxy4.jpg

Headstock, with a sci-fi flavor:

Galaxy3.jpg

Jazzmaster trem, sort of:

Galaxy2.jpg

Not expansive. I've wanted one of these bad boys for years. Hope it plays as good as it looks!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that looks great, although an ebony fingerboard would look better (to me). Actually, a maple fingerboard in blonde would be the coolest.

ENjoy!!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that looks great, although an ebony fingerboard would look better (to me). Actually, a maple fingerboard in blonde would be the coolest.

ENjoy!!

gilded

Reaction score
What, no picture of the back? I wanna see more GREEN!!!

gilded

Reaction score
What, no picture of the back? I wanna see more GREEN!!!

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
You and me both gilded. As soon as this odd little number arrives, I'll take some pics. (These are from the seller.) I do know the back of the neck is black lacquer ...

MD

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
You and me both gilded. As soon as this odd little number arrives, I'll take some pics. (These are from the seller.) I do know the back of the neck is black lacquer ...

MD

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Those are cool! I'm not crazy about the green, but I could live with it.

I actually noodled around a little on Eddie Angel's personal Dipinto, and liked it a bunch, feels like Jazzmaster somewhat, pickups are a little more "stratty". Played great!

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Those are cool! I'm not crazy about the green, but I could live with it.

I actually noodled around a little on Eddie Angel's personal Dipinto, and liked it a bunch, feels like Jazzmaster somewhat, pickups are a little more "stratty". Played great!

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
That green beast landed.

Out of the box, too late to plug in, a quick look see revealed an oddball but rather thoughtful design. Looks like a jazzmaster, doesn't really feel like one. Made in 2000, still close to flawless condition. Quite the looker, easily the prettiest guitar in my house. Seemingly as long as a baritone, yet well balanced. black lacquered neck, 1 11/16, with strings set well in from the edges. Flatter, definitely heftier in the hand than the Fenders. Strange, Rickenbacker (I think) type bridge. Definitely jazzmaster trem. On the stiff side. Action is not that low. So I resolved to take it in for a setup.

Plugged in revealed tones way out of proportion to price. It's a loud instrument. Biting surf/twang on bridge only. But musical, not harsh. Some parallel universe strat type quack settings, then neck-only. Which is where I start feeling real lucky. Something like the strat neck only, big, warm and deep. This is a blues/jazz guitar masquerading as a bad boy. Can't wait to get this up on stage. Now the setup is a high priority. I want the playability to match the tone. More pics soon.

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
That green beast landed.

Out of the box, too late to plug in, a quick look see revealed an oddball but rather thoughtful design. Looks like a jazzmaster, doesn't really feel like one. Made in 2000, still close to flawless condition. Quite the looker, easily the prettiest guitar in my house. Seemingly as long as a baritone, yet well balanced. black lacquered neck, 1 11/16, with strings set well in from the edges. Flatter, definitely heftier in the hand than the Fenders. Strange, Rickenbacker (I think) type bridge. Definitely jazzmaster trem. On the stiff side. Action is not that low. So I resolved to take it in for a setup.

Plugged in revealed tones way out of proportion to price. It's a loud instrument. Biting surf/twang on bridge only. But musical, not harsh. Some parallel universe strat type quack settings, then neck-only. Which is where I start feeling real lucky. Something like the strat neck only, big, warm and deep. This is a blues/jazz guitar masquerading as a bad boy. Can't wait to get this up on stage. Now the setup is a high priority. I want the playability to match the tone. More pics soon.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Congratulations Michael! Looking forward to reading a review ... I dig the green ... not sure what it is about green guitars I find so appealing ... :? :wink: CJ

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Congratulations Michael! Looking forward to reading a review ... I dig the green ... not sure what it is about green guitars I find so appealing ... :? :wink: CJ