Guild Thunder 1 2x10 impedence

powdog

Reaction score
Hi all. My Thunder 1 is originally a 2x10 "Baby Bass" combo, but has no speakers. Does anyone know if the 2x10 had a different O.T. secondary impedence than the 1x12? More specifically, are the speakers two 4 ohms parallel into an 8 ohm load, or two 8 ohm speakers serial into a 4 ohm load? Thanks again.

Capnjuan, please email the schematic again. Muchisimas gracias!

Sincerely, powdog

powdog

Reaction score
Oops. Impedence good

Hi all.

Duh, I'm such a dork. I meant to say 2x4 ohm speakers serial into an 8 ohm load, or 2x8 ohm speakers parallel into a 4 ohm load. Sorry guys.

Sincerely, powdog

(moved by moderator from separate Topic)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Ethan and welcome; I will try again again to send you the schematic. Are you getting the email but no schematic or neither one? If you're getting the email w/o the attachment, then your ISP is detaching the pdf. One more time ...

OT impedance; I really don't know the answer to your question but our BBer matsickma is pretty good with these amp; maybe he'll stop by and offer something. Regards, CJ

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Normally (like that applies to Guilds, :lol: ), a two speaker load on an American amp is two eight ohm speakers in parallel for four ohms total. It's not likely, IMO, that they used two 4 ohm speakers in series for eight ohms.

BobsterMan

Reaction score
Agreed... 2X4 ohm series to 8 ohms would result in no load if one blows open vs 8 ohm load if parallel 2X8 ohm wiring blows open. Same deal for quad 16 ohm. 4 ohm speakers are for single speaker configuration.

matsickma

Reaction score
The T1-Twin I had came in pieces and didn't have speakers. Would a code be indicated on the transformer?

M