Fabulous Evening

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Mrs. West and I were invited to a small party hosted by a high school friend here in town tonight, the party was held at the man's home and about 40 people were there......this man was tonight's entertainment. At one point, he played for 2 1/2 hours non-stop. Turns out Kirby Kelley is a slide teacher at the National Guitar Workshop....Wow! If you like blues, you'd love this guy.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =150924712

https://www.guitarworkshop.com/store/pr ... t=7&page=3

West

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Lucky you :!: Reminds me a bit of the young John Hammond I had the privilege of seeing many years ago, when he and I were young... ever hear the expression, ve git too soon olt...and too late shmaat...
That was on the a little plaque at the cottage when I was a kid, now I get it! :roll: Steffan

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
No, I was busy catching up on lost time with a bunch of high school friends I hadn't seen in a coon's age. Most of the time he was aweful busy running that beer bottle up and down the neck of a Takamine. I did invite him to Arlington next year.....he's blow our little group away.

West

Reaction score
I got to visit with Mr. West R Lee at the same gathering... as promised, here's a video from that night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ad2mvjDo8

Kirby has a few glass slides he'll use on occasion, but his #1 is the brass slide you can get from Dunlop...

I have one other video I'll put up in a day or two...ran out of memory card mid-song so once I pick an ending edit point I'll put it up...

Texasdave

Reaction score
Got another one uploading right now... check my videos in an hr or so... Glad you enjoyed it. Hard not to own an acoustic and NOT wanna watch Kirby.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
West R Lee said:
No, I was busy catching up on lost time with a bunch of high school friends I hadn't seen in a coon's age. Most of the time he was aweful busy running that beer bottle up and down the neck of a Takamine. I did invite him to Arlington next year.....he's blow our little group away.

West

I always imagined you would play like that Jim :)

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Well hello Dave.....so glad to se you've made it here. I certainly enjoyed talking with you the other night and am a bit surprised to see you here....a pleasent surprise. Thanks for posting the video of Kirby for the guys and gals here, I know they'll enjoy it. Now that you know where we are, please don't be a stranger.

West