Amp parts sources

danerectal

Reaction score
Hey all. I need some help finding some resistors and capacitors for my Kay Model 703-C. It pretty much needs everything as it was a Dairy Barn special. If any of you out there have a favorite source for amplifier pieces and parts, please let me know.

danerectal

Reaction score
Thanks cap. I was noodling on Weber's site and was unable to find a couple of the resistors needed. The vultures were circling at work so I had to bail on my search.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yup; good for reference as is Duncan Amps tube data sheet locator. TubeWorld has that 60FX5, neither of the other 2.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
From the same place, TDSL Personal Edition 1.1
Good for lookups on most tubes and basing when you don't feel like going online.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I can guess some of the others. :oops:

Meet Stewie, the next amp in line on the bench.

img0389ku1.jpg

urk.

At least it's interesting to look at.

img0381tp5.jpg

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you drink heavily, the wiring almost makes sense!

Dane, another thing to check is the filament circuit. In amps that run off the wall voltage, the heater filaments are in series, like old Christmas tree lights. One burns out, and it knocks out the entire amp. If nothing is lighting up, that's probably it.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Default said:
I was actually reacting to the "full frontal" pic more than anything else - that is one great looking amp! What is it?

danerectal

Reaction score
It's just a big damned mess right now. When it was rescued from the milking barn, it had received more than a few hillbilly mods. My plan is to start from the ground up and find an output transformer.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Walter Broes said:
Default said:
I was actually reacting to the "full frontal" pic more than anything else - that is one great looking amp! What is it?
I'll be danged if I know. I bought it from a steel guitar player in Ohio- it was his Dad's. It has a pair of 12ax7's, a pair of 50L6's and a pair of 35z5 rectifiers. The sockets are wafers riveted to a fiberboard of the same type as Fender used. The build quality is bad. :wink:
cj and I bantered over the possibilities of fixing it verses gutting it and dropping a Vibrochamp circuit in. Personally, I think he has the right idea, but I'm going to putz with it before dropping a new circuit in.
Two Oaktron 6x9 speakers(1959) for a load of 4 ohms. Maybe 10 watts?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
danerectal said:
It's just a big damned mess right now. When it was rescued from the milking barn, it had received more than a few hillbilly mods. My plan is to start from the ground up and find an output transformer.

Champ clone?

danerectal

Reaction score
Default said:
Champ clone?

I like the concept of this circuit, so I'll probably stick to... I've already got a set of NOS tubes for it. If it sounds like the demo amp I posted, I think it will be worth the footwork.