Folk at the Oak

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Last night was a spotlight night, performing on the stage in the spotlights at 'The Roal Oak' Corsham and your truly got 4 songs done to his reasonable satisfaction - which was a good way to end as I can't be there for about 3 months now, as Mondays and Thursdays will be taken up with rehearsals for 12th Night :)

cjd-player

Reaction score
Jerry, you have to get us some video. :(

We'd like to see you. :D
Not that anyone around here would poke fun at you or anything. :twisted:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You already had video - and CJD took 6 months to stop going on about the mirror :roll: Don't tend to have video going on at the folk nights. You'll just have to put up with me live if'n I make it to Arlington in '09 which I FULLY INTEND TO DO :!: Now there is DVD of me acting - but UK is zone 2 and US is zone 1. Rather too much to post up you tube as well, even if I knew how :mrgreen:

cjd-player

Reaction score
Its o.k.

I'll just hold my ears and watch. :mrgreen:

chimp.jpg

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Now the 12th Night rehearsals and play are over I've been able to get back to Folk at the Oak. Spotlight Night last night and I did 2 numbers I've never done there before - Folsom Prison Blues followed by Last Thing on my Mind (lesson too late for the learning..). Second half I had a request for the 'Come away death' song in 12th Night where I wrote some new music. Fairly happy with my performance :)

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
New season started last night at the 'Oak' and as usual for the first night it was pretty crowded, with folks who only seem to come then - or to the Christmas party, which is free entry AND food). So I only got one song done. A couple came in and sat at my table though, and the wife said 'Hey you've got (Brit you see, so not gotten) a Guild! She had one too - she'd bought it new in 1980. It was the same size dread as my D35, but had more decoration and the 'chesterfield' on the headstock. She thought it was 'F series' but the label inside had gone - any idea which model guys?

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
It was the same size dread as my D35, but had more decoration and the 'chesterfield' on the headstock. She thought it was 'F series' but the label inside had gone - any idea which model guys?

Do you have pictures of her legs?

If it was the same size dread as yours chances are it ain't no (Canuckistani) F series, but a D series.

Back and sides? What kind-O-decoration? Neck inlays? Soundhole rosette?

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham said:
JerryR said:
It was the same size dread as my D35, but had more decoration and the 'chesterfield' on the headstock. She thought it was 'F series' but the label inside had gone - any idea which model guys?

Do you have pictures of her legs?

If it was the same size dread as yours chances are it ain't no (Canuckistani) F series, but a D series.

Back and sides? What kind-O-decoration? Neck inlays? Soundhole rosette?

Only had a quick look, but the inlay round the sides was white, as was the back of the heel joining the neck to the body, and the headstock had a chesterton inlay. Otherwise the same size and weight as my D35, and bought she said in 1980 from new. She 'thought' it was an F something - as I said, I looked for the label inside but it had gone AWOL. I'd done a google on the F range but nothing like it as you say - and I'm pretty certain now from a Google search it was a D40 like this :)

GuildD40RichieHavensBig.jpg

ce blues

Reaction score
howdy,

off the top of my head...it doesn't look like an "F" series but more of the dreadnaught shape. perhaps a D-35. my best guess, the persons to ask are Mr. Guild: Hans or perhaps the man with the "Guilds of Grot." whatever, she's sure pretty....especially the backside (always been a "leg man").

blue