Bid ONLY if you are willing to pay cab fare!!!!!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Interesting; 'Free Shipping' provided you pay for the shipping ... can't beat that! Didn't waste any words describing the goods either; I'm thinking it's a '70s Mystery ... or maybe a late '60s YouNameIt ...

BluesDan

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Interesting; 'Free Shipping' provided you pay for the shipping ... can't beat that! Didn't waste any words describing the goods either; I'm thinking it's a '70s Mystery ... or maybe a late '60s YouNameIt ...

Top controls look eerily Fenderesque......dunno......I've been trying to ID it.......want to ask her some questions but afraid she might scold me!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
:D :D This reminds me of the eBayer selling a hollowbody M-85 that was hanging on the wall of their house for decoration. The poor person got bombarded by emails. It's like a fluffy little lamb taking a drink of water by a river full of crocs.

BluesDan

Reaction score
jp said:
:D :D This reminds me of the eBayer selling a hollowbody M-85 that was hanging on the wall of their house for decoration. The poor person got bombarded by emails. It's like a fluffy little lamb taking a drink of water by a river full of crocs.

:lol: :lol:
I have to say.......the control panel looks ALOT like an old Bassman I had once upon a time.........tweed looks "funky" to me though

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
BluesDan said:
I have to say.......the control panel looks ALOT like an old Bassman I had once upon a time.........tweed looks "funky" to me though
A bidder advised that they think it's a Peavy Classic ...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
About 6 years on eBay, 370+ feedback, i.e. about one a week. I have to wonder whether the seller is more lazy than old. The people I know who aren't driving because of their age, weren't on the 'net in 2002.

BluesDan

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
BluesDan said:
A bidder advised that they think it's a Peavy Classic ...

maybe......that would 'splain the funky tweed and metal corner caps, top controls still don't look like Peavey config. to me though.......maybe it's a no name afterall......definitely not blue label Jensen P10q speakers, so it aint my old Bassman......

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Peavey "vintage", amps they did in the 70's that had the faux-tweed tolex, a solid state preamp, spring reverb, a hundred watt 4X6L6 power amp, and four tens.
A friend of mine used to have one of these in his basement, and for anything except squeaky clean, it sounded absolutely horrible.

BluesDan

Reaction score
Walter Broes said:
Looks like a Peavey "vintage", amps they did in the 70's that had the faux-tweed tolex, a solid state preamp, spring reverb, a hundred watt 4X6L6 power amp, and four tens.
A friend of mine used to have one of these in his basement, and for anything except squeaky clean, it sounded absolutely horrible.

Think you nailed it there. An ebayer suggested the same with a link to pics of the Peavey Vintage. I have seen Peavey Classics series and had a feeling it wasn't from that line, up until now I hadn't seen the vintage line.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Might be a Peavey Classic 410 from the 70's. Of course it could be anything. But, whatever it is don't ask because he's tired of saying he dosen't know anything. I wonder if I could pick it up in person if I took a cab and didn't introduce myself.