I went mad today.

Reaction score
I bought all these pedals. I don't know whats gotten into me lately. Its a whole other form of G.A.S. that I'd like to call "P.A.S" (pedal acquisition syndrome). :wink:
e600_dark.png

heliotrope.jpg

pedalV8Tone.gif

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thats easy.............you're back pedaling................ :lol: :lol: Steffan..........
You guys make it sooo easy, sometimes..

BluesDan

Reaction score
Hey drunkG, let me know what you think of that helitrope pedal after you had a chance to mess around with it for a while. I demo'd one and the best I could do with a strat was get sounds that sounded something like a cross between an F-18 passing overhead real low and a dying cow. :shock:

Might be more interesting with a bass though. Have fun either way, nuthin' beats playin' around with a new stomp box. :wink:

Reaction score
BluesDan said:
Hey drunkG, let me know what you think of that helitrope pedal after you had a chance to mess around with it for a while. I demo'd one and the best I could do with a strat was get sounds that sounded something like a cross between an F-18 passing overhead real low and a dying cow. :shock:

Might be more interesting with a bass though. Have fun either way, nuthin' beats playin' around with a new stomp box. :wink:

An F-18 and a dying cow? :lol: That's one way of putting it. Personally it reminded me of some effects that the band "Portishead" uses. I haven't gotten a chance to play any of them as they're all in the mail waiting to be delivered. I think the Heliotrope itself has a two week build wait time. Anyhow, I'll let you guys know how these pedals sound once I get them in. I might even post a sound clip. :mrgreen:

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
drunkenguitarist said:
Guildmark said:
danerectal said:
Klaatu Barada Nikto!

Is this some sort of Star Trek reference? :roll: :lol:
Gort was the robot in the original film, "The Day The Earth Stood Still". He was an interplanetary policeman whose job it was to destroy planets who disrupted galactic peace. No mercy and no appeal. Klaatu (played by Michael Rennie) was the representative of the other planets who brought Gort to Earth to warn us what could happen if we didn't reign in our new-found nuclear weapons. (This movie was made in 1951.) When Klaatu was shot by a frightened, misunderstanding, overzealous miltary, he passed along the phrase which was the order to stop Gort from destroying Earth, and to rescue Klaatu. "Gort! Klaatu Barada Nikto!" Klaatu entrusted this order to Patricia Neal's character. Her ability to overcome her fear of the terrifying robot and deliver Klaatu's message is a high point of the film.

A remake of this movie is about to be released starring Keanu Reeves as the Klaatu character. The special effects in the IMAX version will be astounding, but it had better still have a great story or I might just gort all over the theater.

Reaction score
drunkenguitarist said:
BluesDan said:

An F-18 and a dying cow? :lol: That's one way of putting it. Personally it reminded me of some effects that the band "Portishead" uses. I haven't gotten a chance to play any of them as they're all in the mail waiting to be delivered. I think the Heliotrope itself has a two week build wait time. Anyhow, I'll let you guys know how these pedals sound once I get them in. I might even post a sound clip. :mrgreen:

Wow, I had forgotten about this posting of mine.
Anyhow, BluesDan, It seems that every time I fire up the Heliotrope I find new sounds.
From low fi early nintendo type bleeps and bloops all the way to some crazy sonic madness that just cannot simply be described using words.
Its one of them pedals that you either have to play or hear in person to see what I'm talking about.

Here's a couple of youtube links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXxYv-5hhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yUrVUF1OTo

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guildmark said:
Gort was the robot in the original film, "The Day The Earth Stood Still". He was an interplanetary policeman whose job it was to destroy planets who disrupted galactic peace. No mercy and no appeal. Klaatu (played by Michael Rennie) was the representative of the other planets who brought Gort to Earth to warn us what could happen if we didn't reign in our new-found nuclear weapons. (This movie was made in 1951.) When Klaatu was shot by a frightened, misunderstanding, overzealous miltary, he passed along the phrase which was the order to stop Gort from destroying Earth, and to rescue Klaatu. "Gort! Klaatu Barada Nikto!" Klaatu entrusted this order to Patricia Neal's character. Her ability to overcome her fear of the terrifying robot and deliver Klaatu's message is a high point of the film.

Thank you Mark.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guildmark said:
No worries, Coastie.

Next, I'm thinking of writing a review of the zither music in The Third Man.

Guild, will this be before, or after, we see Geezerman's first adventure ?

Please, no corn like .......... "His fingers moved hither and thither".

Or ........ "His fingers delicately Karased the strings".

BluesDan

Reaction score
drunkenguitarist said:
drunkenguitarist said:
BluesDan said:

Wow, I had forgotten about this posting of mine.
Anyhow, BluesDan, It seems that every time I fire up the Heliotrope I find new sounds.
From low fi early nintendo type bleeps and bloops all the way to some crazy sonic madness that just cannot simply be described using words.
Its one of them pedals that you either have to play or hear in person to see what I'm talking about.

Here's a couple of youtube links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXxYv-5hhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yUrVUF1OTo

Hey DG, Glad you are enjoying your heliotrope. I did have another opportunity to mess around with one again and I agree you can can get some "odd" sounds out of it. Ring modulator on steroids. I'm sure it has some practical use with the right tune and the right player, but it's definitely not something that fits into my style of play. It amuses me for about 15 minutes then annoys the crap outta me. If you put it to good use and lay down a track with it, post it, I'd like to hear what it can do applied in an actual song. So far everything posted on Youtube and Catalinbreads site is just snippets of funky sounds, no tunes.
Regards,
Dan