Speaking of Gibson GA20s ...

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
My amp tech has one. Looks to be the same year as my GA40, probably '58 or so, leather top, tweed bottom. In excellent condition. Not original speaker. He had if for sale in the front of the shop. Priced at 500 bucks, though he was reconsidering, wondering if it was too low.

I didn't hear it, but this guy is the man. Been going to him for 15 years, he's a good guy. Dave's Sound, Whippany NJ. You can google the phone (can't remember it offhand.)

MD

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Michael: like this one? With the magic 5879 in the preamp? If in good condition including the speaker, the guy is asking 50% to 60% of what it's worth - it's a steal:

GA20Ranger.jpg

Our local shop has a GA77 Vanguard in maroon over nubby grey/tan (GA30 shown), no price set but expected in the $800-$1,000 range:

ga30or77.jpg

Chassis view of a GA77 (believed to belong to Rob at BuffaloAmps); twin 6L6s or possibly 5881s originally fitted w/ P15Rs:

ga77.jpg

They will be asking 'market' for the GA77. If I wasn't down here honeymooning with a GA30, I'd be asking you to help me with that GA20; great amp at an ever better price!

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yes John, it does look like the GA20 in your pic. The tweed is not as orange, cleaner. It certainly is a steal. That GA77 is sweet. Heard one once. Very cool amp, sorta early tweed pro. I'm pretty set for amps myself, or I'd a grabbed it offa Dave on the spot.

MD