Flyin' solo...

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Tomorrow I'm doing a solo gig at a Bakery/Coffeshop for the lunch crowd. (I usually have a partner.) My set list includes:

Runnin' Down A Dream - Tom Petty
At The Zoo, S&G
Steamroller Blues, JT
John Law Burnt Down The Liquor Sto'
The Big Rock Candy Mountain
Roller Derby Queen, Croce
Crazy, Willie Nelson
Ain't Misbehavin' by Fats Waller
Age, Jim Croce
Boss Man, Gordon Lightfoot
Did She Mention My Name, Gordon Lightfoot
Dixie Chicken
3rd Rate Romance
interspersed with several selection from John Prine :D

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Knock em dead Dred.

You are gonna tape the show, right??

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just did an equipment check. Gonna run through my acoustic amp so I don't have to push my voice or the guitar quite so hard :wink:

I'll be playing my trusty old D-25M :D

Reaction score
Dude,I wish I could be there in the audience. Hope you get a vid to share with us. Really cool line-up of songs. Man that takes talent and sack to lay it all out there. Holding you in high esteem! Bring on the cheers and whoohoops!!

cjd-player

Reaction score
Break a leg, Dread.

Oops, :oops: I don't think that's quite right for singing.

Oh well, don't break a string. :mrgreen:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I was happy with how it went today. Could've been a bigger lunch crowd time but not too bad for my first time through with all the equipment, which worked real well for the venue. I had a LR Baggs passive under the saddle pu installed in my D-25, that goes direct into the Crate amp along with the vocal mic. Put a little bit of reverb and a hint of chorus on the whole thing. Happy to report no feedback issues, and I had the vocal mic pretty hot. Reminds me why I spent all this money on equipment. :roll:

I played about 2 hours with a couple 5 min. breaks. Prine covers included Angel From Montgomery, Long Monday, Grampa Was A Carpenter, Fish and Whistle, Souvenirs.

I got coffee and lunch and made a few shekels in tips. Actually got some applause. Better than a hot pointed stick in the eye :wink:

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well done, Dred! I love Angel From Montgomery. I've gotta start covering that one. Everyone I've heard play it has their own unique interpretation of it, which tells how good of a tune it is! Must be a cool place to host a lunch time gig on a Thursday.

Pretty sure I'm playing out at an open mic tonight sans my bongos dude... it's been a while since I haven't had him around to keep me in line (or push me off a cliff depending on how much he's indulged). Should be fun, though... thinking of playing a few I haven't in quite a while, including a new one I've never played out yet. Also considering selecting tunes that are all in D tuning...

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
congrats dred,
and next time don't forget to press the red record button! :mrgreen:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You know, once I figure out how to get my digital camera clips to load on Photobucket, I'll do some recording. Had to send an older clip for California's cd because I couldn't get it to work then either.

Anyway, I was coming down with a cold yesterday - ol' Dreadnut probably was sounding more like a dead mutt :lol:

cjd-player

Reaction score
JerryR said:
dreadnut said:
Anyway, I could only croak :roll:

frog.jpg

Jerry?