I joined the club.

danerectal

Reaction score
I finally bought my first Guild bass. It's a black B-301. I would have to call it the nicest playing and sounding bass I've touched. I like Dreamlander's JSII with the Hagstroms, but the full scale growl really takes it. Right now I'm waiting on a saddle for the g string, and then I'll be set. The three strings that I can set up are pretty amazing.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
danerectal said:
I finally bought my first Guild bass.
Nice. Pics when you get the chance.
danerectal said:
It's a black B-301. I would have to call it the nicest playing and sounding bass I've touched. I like Dreamlander's JSII with the Hagstroms, but the full scale growl really takes it.
Heretic! :wink:

You're in good company since the Jack Casady Signature model is not short scale.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Dane, where did you find a bridge saddle/roller? I am also in need of one.

Do they look like this?

BassBridge003.jpg

Welcome to the low end club! I always thought the "B" series pick-ups were the best sounding of the bass pick-ups.

Defaulter, The B-301 is the "Taco Bell" body. The "P-bass" would be the SB-20X series like this;

1982dSB-202.jpg

Woo-hoo! bass talk!

danerectal

Reaction score
Yep, fully taco bell. I've wanted one for quite the while and I think I held out for a good enough deal. Hans is actually helping me out with a saddle for my g string and a tuner bushing for the sta-tites on my S-90. As of right now, the string is resting on the threaded part of the block. Here are the auction pics...

b301a.jpg

b301c.jpg

danerectal

Reaction score
Looks like a nice one. Did the original tuners from the 301/302 have Schaller labeled Schallers or did they always have the Guild marking? Mine say Schaller.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
nice one! one-pickup guild basses is where it's at ;)
pretty sure the originals said schaller right on them.
i'm sure that 203 is gonna shoot way up last minute.

shadowcastaz

Reaction score
Im in mid restore on a 302 . As I was cleaning it up I noticed a nice solid plank grain pattern emerging. I( decided to strip the burst /nat finish and I got this

IMGP0855.jpg

IMGP0849.jpg

IMGP0859.jpg

I am tempted to mod the pickguard to show more top.