My dream Telecaster

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
What a guitar. Simply outstanding, and built to the exact specifications I wanted... with a little help from my main man, Creston. He was a blast to work with on this. A total pro & funny as hell. The end results reconfirm why I'd never need or want a Custom Shop Fender.... they will never have exactly what I want, and even if they did it would probably cost at least a grand more than what I paid.

http://www.crestonguitars.com/gallery/detail.php?gid=126

Feeling like one lucky fellow today...

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Congrats on the new axe. There is nothing better than having a guitar just they way you want it!! I also would love to hear some sound clips. I love Lollar pups!

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, guys. Just got it Friday, but at some point during the next few weeks (hopefully sooner rather than later) I should be recording with it. I also can't wait to play it out. Sounds just amazing. I've always been a fan of Lollar P90's, and that's what this pup is but it is custom made for Creston to better fit a Tele bridge alignment.

tele4tone

Reaction score
OOH!! That looks fun. I've got five tele's and none of them quite like that. I have a Tele sonic that has a Dearmond 2k's in the bridge and neck. I really don't like the bridge pup so much. Maybe I'll look into a Lollar.

gilded

Reaction score
Hmmpf,

Well, Fungus, I guess it's okay to like Telecasters, but 'always remember' (or is it, 'never forget'?),

Guilds on Top:

photo-35.jpg

Everything Else on the Floor!:
photo-37.jpg

Wait a second, are those last three guitars on the right ash-bodied Fenders?
photo-38.jpg

Why, I believe they are! I must like Telecasters, too! :oops:

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks everybody... was just playing her earlier today, and I still can't believe how cool this guitar is.

Tele4tone, Lollar makes amazing pick ups. Don't hesitate to email him if you have specific questions, etc. I'm a real P90 lover and had one of his in another Tele, but I wanted this one to stand alone. I made the right decision... not that I ever had any doubts.

Gilded, I think those Teles of yours are on the floor because that's where they're easiest to grab!

AlohaJoe... we worked out every detail of the specs, including the neck radius, shape, fret size, etc. I'm quite sure the neck itself was purchased off the shelf, but Creston does the fret work and all of the detail. Body was cut from a big old slab of mahogany. This has been a really cool experience, and this guitar is a lifer unless I'm ever stricken with very unfortunate times.

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
That's so cool... a beautiful guitar made to your specs. You'll be enjoying that for a looooong time! Congratulations! :D