'77 JS II on eBay

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here.

I don't know the late 70's variations as well. Looks to me like it has a replacement bridge and perhaps replacement tuners.

There's an extra switch I'm not used to seeing. Could it be a stereo model?

Comments?

Thanks.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
interesting. i'm pretty sure the tuners are original for that time period.
as far as the bridge goes... seems to fit well and it's definitely the same kind of bridge as on the B300's... maybe this is an example of guilds tendency to waste nothing and use everything they have?
the switch also mystifies me hmmm

danerectal

Reaction score
I have to agree. All things but the switch look original. It could be phase or kill. I wonder if that's a long scale... :?:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
danerectal said:
I have to agree. All things but the switch look original. It could be phase or kill. I wonder if that's a long scale..

mellowgerman said:
it does look sorta long... that might explain the bridge too... hmmmm

Hello folks,

No, it's a short scale. The bridge on this one is there because at that time the B-301 bridge was supposed to be a better bridge.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey, just a little more information for you. The bass has indeed been modified. Can't tell what the extra knobs are for, but there are more than standard on the JS bass. Also, the bridge is a replacement, not original. A lot of players didn't like the original bridges, so this was probably seen as an upgrade but it matters to collectors. These are cool old basses.

Above is from a question sent to the seller. Given a choice, I still believe Hans.