bartolini bisonic copy?

edwin

Reaction score
I don't think it's a bisonic copy or even related to the bisonic. I have two Bartolini Guild style pickups and they are humbuckers that are designed to replace guild pickups (mostly the humbuckers, but they fit in the bisonic cutouts). Mine are triple coil and are pretty flexible, but I took them out in favor of a pair of Dark Stars.

Edwin

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
edwin said:
I don't think it's a bisonic copy or even related to the bisonic. I have two Bartolini Guild style pickups and they are humbuckers that are designed to replace guild pickups (mostly the humbuckers, but they fit in the bisonic cutouts). Mine are triple coil and are pretty flexible, but I took them out in favor of a pair of Dark Stars.

Edwin

Thanks, and welcome to LTG. Were you active at one of the earlier iterations of The Dude Pit, by any chance?

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Hey Edwin! I lent that D'Sd EB-3 out to a buddy and he is just loving it. He's bossing the stage in two bands.

DMC

Reaction score
Not having any experience with Bartolini electronics, can someone give a desription of how they sound in a Guild compared to the Usual suspects.?

It might be fun to list all the pickups with photos of all the different pickups people have added to their guild bass. I enjoy the extended frequency response of the OG Hagstroms and the darkstars but still think there is a place for the guild humbuckers. I had a JSII for a while with the Guild buckers. That Bass had a cool muted booty thumping tone.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
DMC said:
I had a JSII for a while with the Guild buckers. That Bass had a cool muted booty thumping tone.

Hmmm.

Maybe I should find some booty thumpin' music to play.

8)