Watkins/Guild Copicat

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
Does anybody else have a Guild Copicat? Watkins made several versions for Guild. Post a pic if you got one! Here's mine...

IMG_2078.jpg

BluesDan

Reaction score
I've SEEN 'em but never actually heard one. Anyone got a clip to go with a pic? I would love to hear one.

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
There are a bunch of good demos of the Copicat on YouTube. Here's mine, I just uploaded it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXp7GwA5Is0

It's actually a video of myself practicing slide last week... I just decided to take up slide recently. I've been using video to watch my technique. So if you have any advice for me, let me know. Anyway, in the video I'm using some OD and the Copicat for a medium delay, just to give the riff some space and extra rhythm. It's not as good as video as some of the other ones, but it'll give you an idea of the Copicat's capabilities.

The Copicat has three preset delay times. The short delay is phenomenal. I really love it for a slapback effect. I'll see if I can dig anything else up, but I still do most of my recording on a 4-track cassette recorder... computers are not my friends. :mrgreen:

BluesDan

Reaction score
MrBoZiffer said:
There are a bunch of good demos of the Copicat on YouTube. Here's mine, I just uploaded it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXp7GwA5Is0

It's actually a video of myself practicing slide last week... I just decided to take up slide recently. I've been using video to watch my technique. So if you have any advice for me, let me know. Anyway, in the video I'm using some OD and the Copicat for a medium delay, just to give the riff some space and extra rhythm. It's not as good as video as some of the other ones, but it'll give you an idea of the Copicat's capabilities.

The Copicat has three preset delay times. The short delay is phenomenal. I really love it for a slapback effect. I'll see if I can dig anything else up, but I still do most of my recording on a 4-track cassette recorder... computers are not my friends. :mrgreen:

8) 8) 8)

Reaction score
I used to have one. They sound great.

PS: I think the hissing cat is one of the coolest looking logos ever.