B-301 Bridge

danerectal

Reaction score
I just bought another bridge for my B-301 because mine came missing a saddle. The whole bridge thing was probably overkill, but where else do you find a single G-string saddle (I even check with Hans). Anyway, I got it and it has a "Made in Germany" stamp on the bottom and the posts are a different thread. I was able to use the old posts, but I was just wondering if there were different sources for these or if I got one made for a different market. Other than the stamp and the posts, the bridges were identical.

On a related note, I really, really like the tilt adjuster on the front of the bridge to increase tension across the strings. Now that I've set it up with the new bridge, it plays a million times better and sounds tighter plugged in.

shadowcastaz

Reaction score
Im restoring a 302 and found out the hard way the threads in the bass are different than the posts on the NIB bridge I have. I pulled the inserts, brought them and the posts to my machinist buddy and he simply was able to re tap the inserts to match the post threads. It is not going to have to hold 2 tons on weight so I was not concerned about it having wobble. The downward pressure of the strings eliminates any issues.
basically I would have someone ID the threads(english or metric) and either re tap or make some inserts to match the posts
The posts are as rare as hens teeth.- :mrgreen:

danerectal

Reaction score
I still have the old posts and was able to use them. In fact, I have a whole extra bridge minus one saddle, bushings, and the tilt adjuster. My question was more about whether or not the bridge I got was exclusive to Guild. It sounds like you bought the other bridge that was on the bay not too long ago.

shadowcastaz

Reaction score
I believe the bridge is just used by guild. The diff threads kinda threw me. I too have a used bridge complete minus the posts and inserts.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
As a side comment, the chassis on my Maverick amp has four screws into a bracket. The screws are metric. Nowhere else is there a metric screw on this amp.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm just amazed that Hans isn't a babbling idiot from trying to sort this stuff out! :shock: