Finally - bridge saddles

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah. He was discussed a bit in the LTG eBay thread. Search for saddle in the Subject. He also just sold a '67 SF that had been refin'd.

I am not obsessing about his prices but I think he has auctioned several sets with prices in the $40-$50 range. He seems to think that filing the slot should raise the price by $5 or so. His $60 BIN seems a few bucks higher than what he got for the other sets but I'm not sure which auctions had free shipping and which saddles had filed slots.

I'm real glad someone is making them. Since I have 7 vintage saddles, both halves of the 8th and 4 replacements from a now deceased source and only two basses that use them, I'd love to buy a set as a spare but not at that price.

bassman10096

Reaction score
I bought a set (for less than the BIN) because my current JS bridge saddles are rosewood with brass inserts (in contact with the strings) and I may want to try switching out to the all rosewood at some point (woodier sounding?). At least the seller is willing to part with individual saddles, abiet for a rather princely sum. If I hadn't already sprung for the set, I'd consider picking up one or two just to be safe. :mrgreen:

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Thanks for the alert. I would have missed them. Like Frono, I am Mr Redundancy and Mr Spare Parts on gigs. "Hey do you have a battery?" etc.

Actually special thanks to Frono. After reading his post and nodding in agreement about his collection of saddles, it reminded me that I bought a spare output transformer for an amp I'm about to sell. Better let that go too.

BTW - he is one nice guy. And is doing us all a service.