Yikes! Old Zeke's Gibson Falcon for only $1763

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Saw it JP; looks like Zeke's been in the Brownies again ... includes the least expensive RI Jensen alnico available ... and at no extra cost!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
This is my favorite part.
Old Zeke said:
It will bring years of trouble-free enjoyment, and will only increase in value!
There is a certain kind of old-fashioned charm to this guy's ad and outlook though. It not only smacks of 50s-era salesperson optimism, classic American work ethic, and flexibility to adapt to the times, but also how completely out-of-touch he is with today's tube amp market and customer. I will give it to ole Zeke, though. He is working it hard, and he's not undervaluing his worth. :mrgreen:

guildzilla

Reaction score
Exactly like mine...

Which is available today only under the flashing blue light for just $1,749.95. This one was refreshed via the magic of email by our consultants at Juanzampz, West Palm Beach, FLA, employing a team of mad tube scientists and Phi Beta Kappa porpoises and led by Obi Juan himself.

Only $1,749.95. Ask about our LTG discount! Free shipping! Bonus gifts! Bite it now!

I'll have another Brownie, too, please.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Everyone and thank you for looking at my auction guitar which offers both real value today and the potential for wonderful tone and playability in the years to come. It's a vintage - and very rare - early '60s Guild S-50! It's just back from my luthier and I thought I'd make his notes from his review a part of the auction:

"I have carefully reviewed this S-50 and herewith confirm its authenticity. I went over the entire guitar with a magnifying glass and my findings are as follows: the neck is perfectly straight, the ebony fingerboard isn't gouged or split, and still includes its original but modesty worn frets. All the MOP dot markers are present and show no signs of shrinkage. The correct trc is present and mounted in its conventional orientation. The tuning machines may not show well in a photograph.

The mahogany body shows no signs of major structural damage or splits between its edge-joined sections and the finish is intact. The pickguard is complete and fully adhered with what appear to be the original set of mounting screws. Both controls are present as are the original single-coil pickup and endpin. The original bridge and tail piece are complete to the extent of their presence."

There you have it and this is your opportunity to own a distinguished piece of American musical history.

U.R. Stuck
White Van Music

tbird.jpg

"Well no one told me about her, the way she lied
Well no one told me about her, how many people cried ..." The Zombies

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
jp said:
capnjuan said:
The Zekester whiffed at $1,693 but, recognizing market forces, has made an adjustment to $1,463 .... Hurry; only one at this price!
Poor Zeke and crew. Although their hearts may be in the right place, they really just don't seem to know, do they. . . ?
Nor do they bother to pay attention to what's being asked and paid for the same model amp; a complete disconnect. As if the guy calling the shots thinks he can drive the market just by asking for big money ... and some other idiot has been watching the Zeke: his clean crest GA19RVT sitting at $950 MIN ...

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Just how far off is the Zeke? In this eBay auction the as-new GA19RVT below sold for $715; probably a record eBay sale for this model in the last three years ... and half of Zeke's reduced price. Get a real job Zeke ... making a living off eBay means making modest margins on many sales ... not living large off a few killings.

!BRvU0GwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLluH(EBJ+lBqP)NQ~~_1.JPG

BluesDan

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Just how far off is the Zeke? In this eBay auction the as-new GA19RVT below sold for $715; probably a record eBay sale for this model in the last three years ... and half of Zeke's reduced price. Get a real job Zeke ... making a living off eBay means making modest margins on many sales ... not living large off a few killings.

!BRvU0GwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLluH(EBJ+lBqP)NQ~~_1.JPG

Ha! I had seen that one. I like the way the seller is a one stop shop for vintage amps and pics of train wrecks!
:lol:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
BluesDan said:
Ha! I had seen that one. I like the way the seller is a one stop shop for vintage amps and pics of train wrecks! :lol:
Hi Dan; yes; a rare combination :wink: !

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
I have a feeling Old Zeke just doesn't know or care. If he was an eBay pro, he'd have figured out the mystery of the "Completed Listings" button. No. . . Old Zeke is gonna cherish this quality piece of American manufacturing. And if all those young long-haired, hippie rock and rollers don't know recognize its true value, then they can just plain go suck on a turnip!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
jp said:
capnjuan said:
I have a feeling Old Zeke just doesn't know or care. If he was an eBay pro, he'd have figured out the mystery of the "Completed Listings" button. No. . . Old Zeke is gonna cherish this quality piece of American manufacturing. And if all those young long-haired, hippie rock and rollers don't know recognize its true value, then they can just plain go suck on a turnip!
The guy is bizarre ... or ... he got it from someone who owed him money and is desperate to get as much as he can for it ... and the other buyers, sellers, and amps be damned! Of course, this is giving him the benefit of the doubt ... that there's a reason for his absurd price. J

guildzilla

Reaction score
At the risk of blowing my cover as a professional turnip sucker, what is the right price for Zeke's Falconzord?

Would it get a better price if it came with a red Power Ranger?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
guildzilla said:
At the risk of blowing my cover as a professional turnip sucker, what is the right price for Zeke's Falconzord? Would it get a better price if it came with a red Power Ranger?
.... yes ... and two Dinky cars and a Lugee squirt gun. Others may feel differently but $450-$525. The blue footswitch cord is Belden Cat 5 (high speed) plenum cable ... the stuff they string in offices for internet connections (says so in the auction text).

Zeke or the prior owner bought the least-cost Jensen re-issue speaker ...

Sez the Zeke: "The original Jensen C12R ceramic speaker had a blown voice coil. We could have had it re-coned, but it wasn't anything to write home about anyway. Instead, we upgraded it to a new Jensen Special Design P12Q Alnico. This is a way better speaker for this amp, and the best that you can put in these old tolex/tweeds"

Sez the Juan: voice coils can be repaired at the same time cones are replaced and nobody has yet said that the re-issue Jensen P12Q is anything to write home about and Weber's, not RI Jensens, are the top-shelf alnicos ... they're just a little more expensive.

However if you ask nice, Zeke will include the original speaker at no (apparent) extra charge ... over and above the $1,450 he's asking that is. Other than the speaker, the parts on the right are what he said got replaced: the three orange and one blue cylinder at the top are the filter caps; they and the four black smaller cylinders (cathode caps) at the right center are all routine maintenance ... as if he's calling an oil change an engine overhaul. The black cylinder at the bottom looks to be the 'death cap' that people take out anyway for safety reasons. The 7 brown discs in the center; silver mica tone caps, rarely go bad. If it were my amp, I'd have removed the three brown chocolate drops at the left of the cluster. All that's left is the push button switches from the footswitch on the right.

Falcon_6.jpg

The work characterized as a 'professional restoration' is, for the most part, routine maintenance. Agree, it's a clean machine ... but it's the soap (and asking price) that's going up my nose ... :evil:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Others may feel differently but $450-$525.
Agree. That's about right for one expected to be routinely maintained.

capnjuan said:
The blue footswitch cord is Belden Cat 5 (high speed) plenum cable ... the stuff they string in offices for internet connections (says so in the auction text).
That cracked me up. Reminds me of a speaker hookup I did in 8th Gr using an old power cord from a vacuum cleaner.

capnjuan said:
Zeke or the prior owner bought the least-cost Jensen re-issue speaker ...

Sez the Zeke: "The original Jensen C12R ceramic speaker had a blown voice coil. We could have had it re-coned, but it wasn't anything to write home about anyway. Instead, we upgraded it to a new Jensen Special Design P12Q Alnico. This is a way better speaker for this amp, and the best that you can put in these old tolex/tweeds"

Sez the Juan: voice coils can be repaired at the same time cones are replaced and nobody has yet said that the re-issue Jensen P12Q is anything to write home about and Weber's, not RI Jensens, are the top-shelf alnicos ... they're just a little more expensive.
Dead on again. Read five minutes on any vintage amp site and Ted Weber's name will come up at least 20 times. (BTW read your post about his struggles--very sad. :( )