Qvart

Reaction score
Re: STOLEN: Guild B302A-S

littlesongs said:
I just ran across this on Craigslist and felt I should pass it along:

invisible orchestra played our first portland show tonight, and directly afterwards, someone stole our bass, amp head and suitcase full of effects pedals.

You bastards!

I put a bulletin on Myspace so my friends out in Portland will see the post. Hope they get lucky and someone spots their gear.

Qvart

Reaction score

littlesongs said:
I hope at least one of these stories has a happy ending.

It just so happens I have about six friends I grew up with in Ohio who are all living in Portland and play in bands. It's a slim chance, but maybe they move in the same circles.

Sadly, these stories are all too common. Thank goodness for the internet.

h60

Reaction score

ummm, I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't want Florida. I hope they find the Bass though :D

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

h60 said:
ummm, I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't want Florida. I hope they find the Bass though :D

His Dad doesn't want Florida either !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qefgOPS3rS8

Shame really ...... he could appoint Capnjuan his Nabob. After all, everybody needs good Nabobs according to a long-running Oz-tralian soap.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total

littlesongs said:
I just ran across this on Craigslist and felt I should pass it along:

invisible orchestra played our first portland show tonight, and directly afterwards, someone stole our bass, amp head and suitcase full of effects pedals. it was stolen on the night of april 10th, 2009 out of a van parked on se 77th ave and powell in portland. The bass was a guild b-302 A-S (a rare model), blonde wood with a black pickguard, is lists the model on the headstock.the bass case had blue lining. a stupid jesus fish on it, a trade-up music sticker, and a rotten.com sticker on it, and a bush sticker.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/1117201046.html

Here is their Myspace page if you have a lead after the CL ad expires:

http://www.myspace.com/invisibleorchestra

Just to be clear, this is not my bass that was stolen, nor do I know the band. I am just a local yokel trying to help some kids who rolled into town. All the same, I hope they get their thunderbroom back in one piece.
I just saw that LS. Good that you posted that here. I hate vermin that steal gear! I have some old bandmates that had their gear stolen (4) times! And they were so careful too. In two cases, their whole trailer was detached and nabbed from their van in different parts of the country. :evil:

I'm actually a Cleveland-bred Ohioan too. Lived in Cowtown for many years as well. Used to play the Union, the Dugout, and the Casa Cantina in Athens. The only thing I'd change about Mike Polk's map is to include Dayton in New Ohio. Coming from Cleveland, I have a soft spot for post-industrial sh--holes. Also, Dayton has the Deal sisters and GBV. We need them. And from Cinci, we need to save Bootsy Collins and these guys (originally from Dayton).

mellowgerman

Reaction score

:?:
anyone else feel like a jesus fish and a rotten.com sticker don't really jive boogie, if you catchin my drift?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

h60 said:
ummm, I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't want Florida.
Hi h60; if so, it must be because he hasn't toured here recently. Maybe next time, he'll see this:

IMG_0967b.jpg

front01-1.jpg

studio.jpg

coastie99 said:
h60 said:
ummm, I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't want Florida.
His Dad doesn't want Florida either !! Shame really ...... he could appoint Capnjuan his Nabob.
Hi Coastie: Well...if either of them want to get in touch with me ... through my agent of course ... well ... I'd have to say (.........) :wink:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

capnjuan said:
Hi Coastie: Well...if either of them want to get in touch with me ... through my agent of course ... well ... I'd have to say (.........) :wink:

Capn ....... Might take them a while, there's a few very pressing issues to be dealt with. Dunno if God deals with middlemen though.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

coastie99 said:
capnjuan said:
Capn ....... Might take them a while, there's a few very pressing issues to be dealt with. Dunno if God deals with middlemen though.
I see your point. Maybe my agent can talk to his agent ... :wink:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total

capnjuan said:
Hi h60; if so, it must be because he hasn't toured here recently. Maybe next time, he'll see this:

IMG_0967b.jpg

front01-1.jpg

studio.jpg

Wow capn! Is that your spread? Add one Hallberg-Rassy 31 Mk II, some Guilds, chilled Stoli, one sleepy crime dog, and it's looks like paradise on Earth!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

jp said:
Is that your spread? Add one Hallberg-Rassy 31 Mk II, some Guilds, chilled Stoli, one sleepy crime dog, and it's looks like paradise on Earth!
Sí; es nuestra casa. I have a couple of Guilds, always keep Stoli around, and yes, crimedog sleeps alot ... but the last boat in the fleet was this '89 31 foot NorthCoast; 700 hp ... really no need for sails .. :wink:

NorthCoastporta-1.jpg

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total

capnjuan said:
jp said:
Is that your spread? Add one Hallberg-Rassy 31 Mk II, some Guilds, chilled Stoli, one sleepy crime dog, and it's looks like paradise on Earth!
Sí; es nuestra casa. I have a couple of Guilds, always keep Stoli around, and yes, crimedog sleeps alot ... but the last boat in the fleet was this '89 31 foot NorthCoast; 700 hp ... really no need for sails .. :wink:

NorthCoastporta-1.jpg
Fantastic! :D

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

jp said:
Thanks JP; we don't take many vacations ... it's always delightful here in the winter and, in the summer, we rarely have days over 90 deg. Gotta go ... that's the cell phone ringing ... it might be Jesus' agent ... :wink:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

capnjuan said:
jp said:
Thanks JP; we don't take many vacations ... it's always delightful here in the winter and, in the summer, we rarely have days over 90 deg. Gotta go ... that's the cell phone ringing ... it might be Jesus' agent ... :wink:

Or, the man himself !

According to Billy Gibbons, Jesus Just Left Chicago.

Maybe he's heading for Juan'zAmpz. and Period Costume, in search of a new sackcloth.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

coastie99 said:
capnjuan said:
jp said:
Or, the man himself ! According to Billy Gibbons, Jesus Just Left Chicago.
Maybe I can still catch him ... :shock:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

coastie99 said:
Maybe he's heading for Juan'zAmpz. and Period Costume, in search of a new sackcloth.
There are a couple of Mega-Churches here that seat 10,000 - 12,000. If he's booked into those venues, he'll need a good amp tech ... my gear isn't biblical in age ... but it is older. :wink: