the solution to all of your amp problems!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi MG: I guess this means that if you and I came up with a gold-plated power cord with plated prongs on it, we could sell those too! :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Hi MG: I guess this means that if you and I came up with a gold-plated power cord with plated prongs on it, we could sell those too! :lol:

What a monster of an idea!!!

(What's a fuse? :wink: )

Reaction score
I love retarded audiofool crap! I really like it when they suggest you try reversing the "polarity" of the fuse! And the reviews are priceless..I noticed and immediate and significant improvement in the quality of the sound! Or the reviewer who insists there is no longer any debate over the use of "audiophile" power cords!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
fronobulax said:
capnjuan said:

What a monster of an idea!!!

(What's a fuse? :wink: )
Since my setup is mostly from the late 70s and early 80s, I'd personally pay more to have them relic'd.

john_kidder

Reaction score
These highly demanding technical products only work if the skilled user follows instructions to the letter. Like this:
  • "Readers with technical competency are encouraged to install the ICP-003G and reap the years of benefits and faithful services to flow from this disappearing accessory that screams perfect sense."

The ICP-003G "disappearing accessory" is a gold-plated AC socket, for those of you not so technically savvy. It "improved upon the stability of power to my audio system with a lowered noise floor and more distinguishable dynamic and tonal contrasts" and is "claimed to have been painstakingly polished for an increased contact area".

West, I hope you haven't done the unthinkable and used non-gold plated, less-than-painstakingly-polished AC outlets in the new home?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
mellowgerman said:
I actually now only use gold plated shoe soles for better... grounding... of myself... :?

I tried that once, although I didn't want to be grounded because I was getting on an airplane, and TSA decided I could not take my shoes on the plane.

And in keeping with the tradition of veer, are you still (re)liking the JS? Have you found your next tone machine or is this too close to the end of the semester for a search? Feel free to find a more appropriate place to post the response :)

mellowgerman

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
mellowgerman said:
I actually now only use gold plated shoe soles for better... grounding... of myself... :?

I tried that once, although I didn't want to be grounded because I was getting on an airplane, and TSA decided I could not take my shoes on the plane.

And in keeping with the tradition of veer, are you still (re)liking the JS? Have you found your next tone machine or is this too close to the end of the semester for a search? Feel free to find a more appropriate place to post the response :)

well, usually i would post a seperate thread, but considering this thread's overwhelming lack of useful information or relevance to any realistic issue, I'll just answer that here :lol:

I like the JS a lot, just as I did originally and do appreciate it's broader versatility in comparison to the 66 SF. However, I also got a 1998 Danelectro Longhorn RI bass... which is actually my main bass right now. I've really taken a liking to it's squawky sound, especially with flats. Some reviewers in the past have complained about the lack of low end with these basses, but my 1x18, 1x12, 1200watt rig can easily compensate for that ;)
All in all I'm a pretty happy fella with how things turned out. Only thing is I'm still looking for a proper box to ship the SF in. UPS won't insure it unless certain guidelines are met and it's really been a headache. But it looks like we're close to attaining the fitting box so that should all be good and groovy real soon.
0402091757.jpg

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
mellowgerman said:
Some reviewers in the past have complained about the lack of low end with these basses, but my 1x18, 1x12, 1200watt rig can easily compensate for that
1200w? :shock: That must be the low rumble I heard the other night in Seattle! :lol:

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
mellowgerman said:
Some reviewers in the past have complained about the lack of low end with these basses, but my 1x18, 1x12, 1200watt rig can easily compensate for that
:shock: That must be the low rumble I heard the other night in Seattle!

mellowgerman

Reaction score
AlohaJoe said:
mellowgerman said:
1200w? :shock: That must be the low rumble I heard the other night in Seattle! :lol:

:lol: yeah it can get pretty loud. it's a hybrid fender bassman 1200 pro. I wanted something more portable, but just as powerful as a 300watt all-tube amp.
With the tube pre I can get a nice gritty sound if I want it and there's plenty of low end and warmth in it that I can come pretty close to some of the classic tube sounds with it. Only weighs about 35 lbs.
Here's a photo of the rig and the SF together that I took a couple months ago
family.jpg