Any Vs fans over here?

Pwal

Reaction score
Hey,

I just got this nice Hamer Vector Flametop yesterday evening. Am I the only V fan here? They somehow feel surprisingly comfortable to me, and I just love the look. The first cardboard guitar I made when I was a kid was a V :lol:

So, I saw this one pop up in a local ad, and I just couldn't pass on it. It's in near mint condition, with just a small scuff on the finish.

The original tuners were changed for Grovers, but they don't look like the Grovers I'm used to see. They feel kinda cheap, but they manage to get the job done. The guitar stays pretty well in tune.

The pickups are Duncan Designed. I like the neck pickup, but I'm not sold on the bridge pickup yet. A JB would be a good upgrade there.

Gotta go, the V is calling me... :lol:

J-F

stclrob

Reaction score
I had a Jackson entry level V (also with Duncan Designed pups). Used a DOD Death Metal Distortion with it to make sweet Cannibal Corpse music. :lol:

Accept2

Reaction score
I used to love Vs, but I dont play standing up anymore, so the only V I have left is one of the original Rhoads Vs..........

Qvart

Reaction score
Pwal said:
Yeah, I keep it tuned one step down to play heavier stuff (like Mastodon, The Sword...). :twisted:

I'm not a fan of V's myself (see my signature) but you did good! Glad you found a new git!

Now, if you wanna talk stoner rock on the other hand... ;)

My Marshall head isn't the best for it but the '74 S-100 dropped a whole step is sah-weeeet.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I like Vee's, used to have an Epiphone "58 styled" one, would absolutely love to have a Gibson Lonnie Mack Vee some day (the one with the Bigsby)!!

axiology

Reaction score
I built this myself years ago when I was 18, and still living at my parents place. Dad had a lot of woodworking tools. I couldn't come up with any African Korina wood, but Bill Lewis Music in Vancouver could get me some African Walnut, so I used that. Gibson pickups, bridge, and tuners. At the time I was very much musically influenced by Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash, who played a 60's V. I liked the look of the V's played by J Geils, and Albert King, so I tried to make it look a bit like theirs.

SDC10686a.jpg

-----------------------------------
Guild X160 Rockabilly
Guild B302-A
Guild Peregrine Custom