The ShanDell

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
O.K., no offense to my kin folk but this place was the epitome of a redneck knife n' gun club. I kept lookin' around for Patrick Swasey and Sam Elliot.

After mostly doin' open mics and campfire playin' I've been tryin' to cut some new teeth playin different venues. And THIS was fun!!!!! I think I had more fun watchin' the patrons than playin'. As long as it was country (not TV country) they were happy; hootin' n' hollerin' and singin' along. And as long as I knew the words they didn't care the least bit about my playin'. I'm just glad I had a good song list. I don't know what the heck I'd have done with a request. :? It was all to surreal to me though. My lack of guitar skills makes me feel like I'm cheatin' folks as a performer but I guess it's all in the moment at hand. I was a bit worried when I closed with Guy Clark's "Bag o' Bones" cuz everyone just got quiet. But then I hear, "alright dude, great song" and more hollerin'.

It was cool but not somethin' I'd want to do on a regular basis. I still have to satisfy myself with my music and I'm a long way from that.

Peace