Check these out . . .

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Check out these beautiful custom amps from a local amp and keyboard tech I met. We hit it off pretty well because we share some common history. He did some great work on an analog synth of mine, and he's one of a few top techs in town--always backlogged with repair work. I guess the orders are starting to come in for custom amps. He's a tech for some well-known rock bands as well, so he keeps pretty busy. Here's a link to his site, and more pics of his work. Not so much spec info on these handwired tube amps which leaves me curious about tube circuit choices. He's a fan of the Dave Hunter philosophy--simple is best. I may have to trek down to his shop to hear one.

Amazing craft, attention to detail, and graphics work.
3.jpg
21.jpg

stars1.jpg
img_2687.jpg

1.jpg

Super clean chassis layouts--no vintage Vox nightmare inside here.
9.jpg
10.jpg

Hmm. . .any speaker possibility imaginable!
8.jpg
7.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi JP; some seriously fine-looking gear! Beautiful examples of the fusion of audio technology and design. Remarkable the number of independent boutique amp-makers there are turning out first rate stuff ... I wonder what that 4X6L6 amp goes for :shock: ?

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Hi JP; some seriously fine-looking gear! Beautiful examples of the fusion of audio technology and design. Remarkable the number of independent boutique amp-makers there are turning out first rate stuff ... I wonder what that 4X6L6 amp goes for :shock: ?
No idea, but he's making tube mic preamps for international studios and custom amps for some pretty big bands. I wouldn't be surprised if they're at least $2500+. I'd be thrilled to just plug in to one for a half hour.