Our summer production in UK Harpers mag

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Are you the "dash of culture" they are referring to, Jerry? If so...how lucky are we!? :lol: Steffan

cjd-player

Reaction score
Shucks, Jerry,
How do they expect to draw large crowds without putting your picture there?????

I think you should ask Graham to send them one. :mrgreen:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
cjd-player said:
Shucks, Jerry,
How do they expect to draw large crowds without putting your picture there?????

I think you should ask Graham to send them one. :mrgreen:

Upyours.jpg

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Not quite....the finger's there.....but the hairs' not right... :lol: Steffan

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well - 2 dress rehearsals tomorrow (yes Carl - I have my dress and very pretty it is :D ) then a six night run of The Merchant of Venice. weather has been hot but is now breaking up a bit ready to rain on us as it usually does (open air production) www.shakespearelive.com . Hope it doesn't get too cold as I might catch a chill, having shaved off my beard for this production :(

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well - the 'first night'

Torrential rain stopped the play half way through the first half and before I could get any lines out - only the 2nd time in 31 years.

Also, the guy playing Bassanio (a very major part) is coming down with lurgy (swine flu?) and has almost lost his voice so I fear the worst for the rest of the week :(

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
Well - the 'first night'. Torrential rain stopped the play half way through the first half and before I could get any lines out - only the 2nd time in 31 years. Also, the guy playing Bassanio (a very major part) is coming down with lurgy (swine flu?) and has almost lost his voice so I fear the worst for the rest of the week :(
Gee Jerry; bad weather, loss of major actor with logies ... er ... sorry, lurgy ... except for you getting sick, how much worse could it get? :wink:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
We got through Tuesday night without rain :D

However, the guy playing Bassanio had tonsillitis and couldn't speak much so there was a last minute rearrangement with the guy who plays Salerio to play Bassanio (with a book) and another guy who only had a small part reading Salerio. So we had two actors reading from books. Then there was an embarrasing 'dry' in the middle of the trial scene (which I'm presiding over as the 'Duke') - I think 'Bassanio' lost his place - which cut about a page and a half. Ah well, we got through it somehow. I wonder what disasters await tonight's performance :?: :oops:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Jerry; Hmmm ... recalling my bit-part days, I thought 'reading' was associated with reading for the part .... not reading the part? :? :wink: So .... I guess what you're saying is that, except for the parts that aren't going so good, it's going along ok? Ya got hair! J

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
They had to read in as they were replacing other parts and hadn't learned the lines. Last night was back to normal cast - Nick playing his part as Bassanio but a bit hoarse and using a radio mike to boost his voice. All went pretty well except I had a wardrobe malfunction while doing the Prince of Arragon :roll: :oops:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
.... All went pretty well except I had a wardrobe malfunction while doing the Prince of Arragon...
Hi Jerry; well ... you'll have to do better than that - besides, not too good to leave too much to this crowd's imagination ... the Prince ... he isn't a drag queen, is he? :wink:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
JerryR said:
.... All went pretty well except I had a wardrobe malfunction while doing the Prince of Arragon...
Hi Jerry; well ... you'll have to do better than that - besides, not too good to leave too much to this crowd's imagination ... the Prince ... he isn't a drag queen, is he? :wink:

Ah - yes - only my 'stock' (a type of 18th Century bow tie - we've set the pay around 1740) falling off - it velcros together at the back and didn't stay stuck. Youst thought I'd tease folks like Carl who have over vivid imaginations :wink: I'm in 18th C male costume - with big mustachios and a goatee beard as Arragon. as the Duke of Venice (Doge) I'm in the State robes and funny hat and clean shaven :mrgreen: