My M-85 mod

bassman10096

Reaction score
When I tracked this bass down in a pawn shop in New Brunswick, Canada, it had a trashed (not reliced - just dead and beat up) finish, Guild buckers and a Badass bridge. After about 9 months work, it has a new, ambered nitro finish, a pair of Dark Stars and a brass bridge inspired by Alembic (not identical) and fabricated by a friend. It's not original, but it's the coolest Guild I've ever played (If I do say...). I'm no good at image posting, so here's the link to the TB thread where I posted pix. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthrea ... 74&page=19

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice. Is the Marko who did the bridge a teacher in one of the Scandanavian countries? If so I remember his work when the Dude Pit was active.

bassman10096

Reaction score
Same Marko. Really fantastic ability to build things in a wide range of media. The bridge and bridge block sound phenomenal. I should be clear - they are not a knock off of the Alembic design - I have the corresponding Alembic bridge on my Brown Bass. They are different in shape, size and proportion. But Marko's design seems every bit as effective.

bassman10096

Reaction score
Very, very nice Bassman. What does that thing weigh?
Thanks. It's not the boat anchor I'd heard M-85s are. I'll weigh it, but I'd guess right under 10 lb.