Wireless units. Anybody use them?

tele4tone

Reaction score
I just purchased a Line6 x2 wireless. Peter Stroud, of all people claim that it improves your tone. I am not....repeat not a fan of Line6. This technology was obtained from xwire. Any ways I tried it out and yeah I guess it works pretty good. I hate the idea of wireless since I am an analog/tube vintage freak. Anybody else use these guys? Are they reliable?

I only bought this because my band cajoled me into it. Gotta keep running around for all of those kids. They get bored with musicianship.

Reaction score
I can't read about a wireless unit without picturing Nigel Tufnel in This is Spinal Tap getting interference from the air force base. I've never used one, but it seems pretty impossible that a wireless signal could improve tone. What do you think? Can you tell a difference?

tele4tone

Reaction score
I a/b'd the wireless with a cable. The wireless might have had a little more top end? I don't know for sure. I used it for a show and it was alright.... What caused havoc was the 108v power we had supplied to the stage..... yikes... amps sound different with that kinda power...

Reaction score
I use the X2 . I have had it for around a year and a half.
I love mine, and it sounds as good as any cable I have used.
It does not add top end or compress the signal like others do.
Great buy too, Specially on sale.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
guitarman_1 said:
I use the X2 . I have had it for around a year and a half.
I love mine, and it sounds as good as any cable I have used.
It does not add top end or compress the signal like others do.
Great buy too, Specially on sale.

Trying to sneak in under the radar, huh? You got caught. Welcome to LTG guitarman_1 :wink:

tele4tone

Reaction score
I just broke the OEM supplied cord. One jump off of a drum riser and that jack snapped off from my S73... It hit my leg I guess.

I had to scramble to get a cord and finish the song.