Any Hofner fans?

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
So I've always been intrigued with older Hofners. They're quality instruments and are somewhat similar to Guild in that they don't demand the prices of other vintage instruments, save for a few famous models associated with the Beatles. Here are two rare beauties I've lusted after for a while.

The irony lies in that. . .
-- they're both on eBay at the same time
-- they're going (one is already gone) for absurdly low prices (they're pricier in Europe)
-- one of them is even in IN MY CITY
-- I'm just not in the position to grab one. :(

Further evidence that fate is thumbing it's nose at me.

Oh well, check them out.

Hofner 461S
Hofner 464

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm not an especially big fan, but there sure are some Hofners out there I like plenty. Strangely, you don't see as many as you'd think in Europe. I'm in the market for a 60's solidbody if the right one comes by at the right price and time.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild Beginner said:
That black one was extremely cool looking. That's a real shame because it was in Portland. Too bad.
The owner has posted on CL a few times at collector prices--no bites. I'm sure he was disappointed it went for only about $600. It's a cool looking guitar and like most Hofner archtops has a spruce top. Oh well. I'm happy with my Guilds. :wink:

Walter Broes said:
I'm not an especially big fan, but there sure are some Hofners out there I like plenty. Strangely, you don't see as many as you'd think in Europe. I'm in the market for a 60's solidbody if the right one comes by at the right price and time.
There seem to be so many different eras of Hofners, with different personalities and characters. I have a '65 Club Bass which I absolutely adore. I also am fond of the Verithins. If you come across a Galaxy, try one out. They're pretty fun solid rockers in the Fender Jag style.