My new/old beat up B-302

stclrob

Reaction score
This just came home (craigslist deal). This '78 model features no case, clearly non-original knobs (2 of 'em anyway), finish beat-up, needs some lighter fluid for the back, action is a mile high, and needs a good cleaning. But for $350, I figured what the heck. Sounds very nice and all the electronics work and the pots aren't scratchy (the important thing).
dsc00405oyo.jpg

By stclrob, shot with NSC-GC1 at 2009-07-30

dsc00406.jpg

By stclrob, shot with NSC-GC1 at 2009-07-30

One thing I always thought was underrated is the look of Guild's cherry finish over mahogany. It looks spectacular on the Brian Mays and on this guy too.
c6iv5.jpg

qxTVq.jpg

danerectal

Reaction score
Well played. At $350, I think you got a pretty fair deal. I'd bet those cases are pretty tough to find, but if one comes up, I'm sure you'll be on top of it. Nice going.

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice buy, nice bass.

And I like the political comment :mrgreen:

stclrob

Reaction score
Thanks all. I was surprised at the neck. It's very thick compared to Fenders and Ibanez basses I've played. My other bass is a 5 string Ibanez with active pickups, so this is a great addition!

Ross said:
And I like the political comment
I was gunna buff it out, but I might just add to it instead. Maybe draw Dead Kennedys and No WTO Combo logos on there to go with it. The guy that dropped it off said he was on the verge of getting it refinished, but decided to sell instead. Definitely roadworn!

mellowgerman

Reaction score
stclrob said:
I was gunna buff it out, but I might just add to it instead. Maybe draw Dead Kennedys and No WTO Combo logos on there to go with it. The guy that dropped it off said he was on the verge of getting it refinished, but decided to sell instead. Definitely roadworn!

GIVE ME CONVENIENCE OR GIVE ME DEATH!

Nice buy:)