need parts

Reaction score
two of the 4 tuning pegs on my b-301 are worn out. The large gears are stripped out beyond being able to tune.. Does anyone knoe of where I can get parts for tuners or maybe a new set that will fit the factory holes in the head without modification? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently stuck playing my squier 20th anniversary (looks cool- but doesn't play halfway as good as it looks!)

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
kevin the bass man said:
two of the 4 tuning pegs on my b-301 are worn out. The large gears are stripped out beyond being able to tune.. Does anyone knoe of where I can get parts for tuners or maybe a new set that will fit the factory holes in the head without modification?

Hello Kevin,

There are 2 different types of machineheads that could be on your B-301 bass; Schallers or Grovers. If you don't know the difference, show us a picture of the back of the headstock.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
p1010096sau.th.jpg
[/url]
[/img] here's a pic. I cant tell which brand they are because nothing has a name or even a serial number

danerectal

Reaction score
kevin the bass man said:
p1010096sau.jpg

here's a pic. I cant tell which brand they are because nothing has a name or even a serial number

I think this is what you meant to say. I think those are unmarked Schallers. I could be totally wrong, but they look to be the Schaller design.