66? SF II Bass on gbase

bassmyf

Reaction score
Saw a 66 Starfire II bass on gbase at Willies American Guitars. Black finish,
they`re asking 2750 in " good " condition. No serial number given, and by the bridge it looks like at least a 67. Can`t get the link to work, but info at williesguitars.com

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
This might be a link. Given the bridge and the suck switch it is either a mid-'67 and the '66 date is an error OR it has had a couple of mods since leaving the factory. I'm inclined to believe the date is in error.

Also looks like there is some overlay shrinkage at the headstock.

gilded

Reaction score
frono, et al,

Looking on Willie's web site at the detail pics, I think I can make out the imprinted serial number on the back of the Headstock,

BA 17xx (I can't read the last two digits, hence the 'xx'). That would make the Bass an early '68 model, yes?

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
gilded said:
frono, et al,

Looking on Willie's web site at the detail pics, I think I can make out the imprinted serial number on the back of the Headstock,

BA 17xx (I can't read the last two digits, hence the 'xx'). That would make the Bass an early '68 model, yes?

Wow. I was pretty sure it was a four digit number BA xxxx but I wasn't willing to take a guess that went beyond BA 1xxx. If it is 17xx then it is a very early 1968 since BA 169x is the end of 1967. Some of the "x"'s are because I can't read the picture because Scratch has borrowed my glasses. Some are because I just don't know and at least one is because I could not remember the number for 45 seconds after closing the Guild serial number page. <Insert lame joke about "x" life here>

mellowgerman

Reaction score
pretty and groovy and pretty groovy. decent asking price too... considering how high some of them have been selling for

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
mellowgerman said:
pretty and groovy and pretty groovy. decent asking price too... considering how high some of them have been selling for

Welcome back, or does this mean there are internet cafes in the homeland? :wink:

mellowgerman

Reaction score
yup I'm back. internet access was hard to come by in the motherland... but there were cafes... but then i was too busy spending my time at the brewery/restaurant ;)
great trip, but it's good to be back.