Played out with the F112 last night in NY...

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
It went reasonably well. Sometimes I finish playing and want to jump off a bridge, but last night went better. A few beers (but not too many) to lose the inhibitions and then just me & a my trusty old beat up '73 F112 following a very loud punk trio in a small rock'n'roll bar setting. It always feels great to be pleasantly surprised and happy with a performance as I was when I got done, but I had a lot of nice compliments from strangers, co-workers who were there, the sound guy, etc.

Now, I just need to be more consistent. Or maybe the shambolic performances have their place too :mrgreen:.

My goodness does that guitar sound wonderful. And, the mini jumbo size is perfect for me to handle easily. I will definitely have the neck re-set in 2 or 3 years (sooner if it really needs it) because this baby is a keeper.

Sorry, no photos or video that I'm aware of from last night, but I also started recording again recently & truly hope to have a disc's worth of material done by the end of the year. We'll see, but that's the goal I'm sticking to as for now.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
fungusyoung said:
Sometimes I finish playing and want to jump off a bridge

A feeling I know only too well :roll:

fungusyoung said:
but last night went better. A few beers (but not too many) to lose the inhibitions and then just me & a my trusty old beat up '73 F112 following a very loud punk trio in a small rock'n'roll bar setting. It always feels great to be pleasantly surprised and happy with a performance as I was when I got done, but I had a lot of nice compliments from strangers, co-workers who were there, the sound guy, etc.

Glad it went well - my last 'performance' - 5 songs in all at Bradford on Avon Folk Club last Tuesday went quite well - so I was a happy bunny too. Then got out the car back home and the sky was clear and full of a billion stars - and as I looked up at it, a straggler from the Perseid meteor shower streaked across the sky :!: All in all a good night :D

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, fellows! It always feels nice not to suck :oops:.

I played 5 songs also, Jerry, so I guess that our lucky number lately.

Not to harp on it, either, because some people really don't aspire to play out (which I totally understand and respect), but so many folks here are SO much better players than I am, but they don't ever or very rarely play out even though they have a yearning. I say get out there if you have any interest at all. With the bad sometimes comes the good, and it can be very, very rewarding. But, you need to take the chance. I'm so glad when I see really good players get out there even if they're a bit nervous or whatever because it's awesome for me to see others putting themselves on the line. There's some really great songwriters & players out there that I could listen to all night.

I'm a self-taught hack that got my first guitar at 35 (back in '03), so if I can get out there & do it anyone else here can.