Guild Superstar Amp To Trade For Acoustic Amp, Tampa FL

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Rare Superstar on CL, no pics. Seller says 50 watts, but adverlit belows says 100 watts. 15" speaker.

superstar01.jpg

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of pics if you click the link, then click on the right pic, Looks pretty good. Steffan

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks Steffan! J

Reaction score
I was browsing the local Craigslist last Saturday and came across this very ad. Actually, by the time you guys were talking about it I had already taken possession of the amp. When I got home I did some searching for info and found this thread...I just couldn't post until my account was activated this morning. Thanks Don for getting me on board!

The amp is in pretty good shape for being 40 years old, and the tone is out of this world. The tremolo doesn't work, and there is a little vibration coming from inside at times, but beyond that there are no other issues I've been able to find. I've located a couple of techs in the area and will eventually get it to one for a tune-up.

Does anyone here have any more info on this amp they could pass along? Schematics, tube/cap recommendations, etc? This is my first Guild amp and I can't find much about it on the search engines.

I appreciate any info you can pass along!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Kevin, welcome to LTG, and congratulations on your new Guild amp. If you'll send me a PM using the 'PM' button under this post and include you email address, I'll send you a copy of the schematic that FMIC was kind enough to furnish for the BB's use and benefit. The trem circuit's output is tied in using an LDR/optical coupler/'roach' in Fenderese. Aside from the usual wear on the trem circuit's caps, there's a chance that the coupler might be bad. Anyway, welcome and send me a PM. CJ

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Kevin; email sent w/ schematic ... good luck with your amp! J